Validation Test Engineer
Molex is currently building our Connected Mobility Engineering team and we are looking for a talented Validation Test Engineer to join our team!
In this role you will be responsible for Automotive Electrical/Mechanical/EMC Product Validation Testing from engineering evaluation through volume production for the Connected Mobility Solutions Business Unit. Product testing requires close communication with internal & external customers to fully understand testing requirements as well as create and support existing DVP&Rs and Test Plans for laboratory testing.
Our ideal candidate has a strong analytical ability to apply logical reasoning, test assumptions, observe results and make corrections. We are also seeking a candidate with strong verbal and written communication skills that demonstrates the ability to express complex technical concepts clearly and concisely. If you are looking for a way to accelerate your career and be part of a great company, this may be the opportunity for you!
This position can be based in Lisle, IL or Rochester Hills, MI
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Create detailed reliability / validation test plans (DVP&R) based on Customer and Industrial Specifications and Requirements for the Automotive industry. Requires detailed understanding of specifications and interpretation of complex technical documents. Understanding and interpretation will be supported by direct interaction, communication, and input from internal and external customers.
- Hands-on coordination with Molex’s global validation laboratories to ensure smooth and flawless test execution, test report documentation, scheduling, setup, and troubleshooting of issues.
- Execute test activities as required and assist with measurement systems analysis for routine testing procedures.
- Identify and work with 3rd Party test labs to ensure successful execution of DVPR’s. Work with Molex’s validation labs to incorporate the use of 3rd party labs and build a strong relationship with 3rd party labs capable of supporting CMSBU’s validation activities.
- Review new and updated specifications, identify challenges, and develop implementation plans to execute validation test activities.
- Provides feedback on means to improve test plans, sample preparation and testing procedures.
- Summarize and review test results with Design Engineer. Discusses / alert Design Engineer to abnormalities or inconsistencies in test results.
- Provides technical support to internal and external customers, suppliers, and design team(s).
- Understand, support, and contribute to current Molex Total Quality Management (TQM), Six Sigma, International Standards Organization (ISO) and Environmental, and/or Health and Safety (EH&S) Management Systems by following stated policies and procedures.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field
- A minimum of 5 years validation or reliability laboratory testing experience
- A minimum of 5 years developing DVP&R’s and/or test plans
- Experience using Stature, Polarion, or other/similar test plan development & management tools
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Willing and able to travel as necessary
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf