Koch Industries is currently seeking a Communications Manager in Wichita, KS. The successful candidate will use their interpersonal abilities, project management skills, media relations experience, community engagement and leadership talents to play an active role in elevating Koch in Wichita.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Situated on Koch’s Communications Marketing (KCM) team, work in tandem with key business and capabilities leaders in Wichita to develop, implement, and measure the effectiveness of the company’s community engagement priorities, from a stakeholder and communications perspective.
- Bolster media relations capabilities within Wichita and Kansas, including fostering relationships with reporters and community stakeholders.
- Advise team and leadership on communications issues and manage effectively.
- Manage communications around stakeholder forums, meetings and special events (advise on messages/themes using research, etc.)
- Work with KCM colleagues to communicate Koch’s community engagement priorities internally to employees, and externally to the greater Wichita community.
The Experience You Will Bring
- 6+ years professional work experience in communications field.
- Position will require reasonable support outside of the normal operating hours, including weekends.
- Experience working in corporate environments across multiple teams.
- Strong project management skills with an ability to balance multiple demands.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience working with communications stakeholders across Wichita and Kansas universities, businesses, and non-profit organizations.
- Existing relationships with Wichita and Kansas media.
- Strong writing ability.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf