Environmental Health & Safety Specialist
Guardian offers an entrepreneurial environment and a unique culture that focuses on results, playing to win and rewarding employees for their commitment to excellence. We are presently recruiting for an Environmental Health & Safety Specialist who will thrive in our culture.
The Environmental Health & Safety Specialist is responsible for assisting in compliance with all relevant EH&S regulations in an effective and conscientious manner. The EH&S Specialist reports directly to the EH&S Manager and will partner with the Guardian Leadership Team to drive forward the principles, values and stated policies.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Tracking Safety and Training Statistics within the plant and preparing reports to management as needed.
- Implementing and coordinating programs to reduce and eliminate injuries, illnesses, and environmental incidents.
- Supporting line management in behavior-based safety initiatives.
- Engaging with plant leadership on incident investigations ensuring root-cause analysis occurs, proper follow-up is taken, and proper incident notification (knowledge –sharing) occurs.
- Supporting and improving EH&S systems to manage the plant’s compliance obligations.
- Responsible for bringing the Guardian facility into compliance with existing and emerging EH&S regulations.
- Will assess safety issues and if necessary, develop both short and long-term solutions to build effective programs.
- Providing assurance that all personnel have the necessary understanding and training to remain in compliance with EH&S policies and procedures.
- Actively promoting the Guiding Principles and MBM® culture across the organization with a primary focus on compliance, hazard awareness, incident prevention, risk management, open communication, and knowledge sharing.
- Coordination and administration of company safety programs, including but not limited to, compliance programs such as Hazard Communication, Confined Space, Respiratory and Energy Control.
- Promotes knowledge sharing and implementation of operational best practices.
- Occasional travel within the US.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Four (4) year BA/BS degree (or equivalent) with an emphasis in OHS, environmental science or similar education.
- 2+ years’ experience in EH&S programs and management systems - preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Broad-based knowledge of California and Federal Environmental, Occupational Health, and Safety regulations.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Products that includes high level proficiency with Excel.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Proven track record of success implementing effective EH&S practices/programs with project management skills.
- Experience interacting with and training all levels of employees regarding regulatory and company EH&S requirements.
- Ability to write complex correspondence, policies, and procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (including verbal, written, and negotiation skills). Strong sense of service and support.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf