Mold Setup Technician
*This role is eligible for a $2,000 Sign-on Bonus*
This position is responsible for the safe manufacturing of medical interconnect systems and assemblies to support Phillips-Medisize, LLC Manufacturing department. This position is responsible for the operation of the molding machine and meeting all production quality and safety requirements. The Mold Set-up Technician will perform manual operating duties, including installation, start-up activities, preventative maintenance, and removal of mold tooling on semi-automatic production machines. Adjustments of machine parameters according to established process standards and troubleshooting of process problems will be done on an as needed basis. The Mold Set-up Technician will train and work with other Manufacturing Associates, Molders, and Production Leads to support all activities related to molding.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Responsible for performing a variety of general tasks involved in manufacturing process. These tasks include, but are not limited to; mold machine operation, basic manufacture, assembly, use of basic hand tools and any operation of assigned production/manufacturing.
- Directly work with Engineering to improve the quality and output of molded components and over molded assemblies.
- Must be able to work in a bench-top assembly environment using a variety of manufacturing equipment.
- Must be able to modify the mold machine programs as needed per the operating procedures to meet the needs of our customers.
- Must handle all tooling with care.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of employees and management.
- Must be able to work in a lean 6S environment.
- Accurately record process documentation.
- Must be able to interpret, read and follow all work instructions and engineering drawings.
- Must comply with all safety requirements including; manufacturing practices and procedures, standard operating procedures and manufacturing documentation.
- Establishes and follows set-up sheet and loading process parameters.
- Diagnoses and corrects problems in setup and operations of molds and other auxiliary equipment.
- Perform preventative, routine maintenance, and light mechanical duties on Molding Machines and auxiliary equipment.
- Responsible for new mold start up, sampling, process trouble shooting, optimizing cycles and set-ups as well as performing molding and machine safety checks.
- Responsible for maintenance of mold tooling
- Transports materials and/or products or other designated items to and from specific locations using forklift (if certified), pallet jack or other modes of transportation.
- Locate, transact, and/or move materials regularly maintained in SAP storage locations
The Experience You Will Bring
- Proven process aptitude through job experience. Must have a working knowledge of injection molding & plastic processing. Understanding of injection molding machine controls and post molding secondary operations.
- High School Diploma
What Will Put You Ahead
- Good measurement skills using a variety of hand tools and electronic equipment such as rulers, scales, micrometers, calipers and similar items.
- Must pose strong mechanical aptitude to operate mold machines and auxiliary equipment.
- Good knowledge of a wide range of plastics and familiarity of insert molding of cable assemblies.
- Must pose strong interpersonal skills and the willingness to help others.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to work under detailed instructions and specifications, as well as possess the skills required to improvise and adapt where needed.
- Good written and oral communication skills; must have the ability to communicate effectively and project a professional image when giving and taking information in writing and in person.
- Must be able to read and review all Work Instructions and Engineering Drawings and interpret instructions for manufacturing.
- Ability to deliver instructions and train other mold operators.
- Good analytical skills including the ability to identify potential problems. Capable of both communicating and understanding the English language.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk, and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee may be required to push, pull lift, and/or move up to 80 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf