Customer Account Representative
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Customer Account Representative to join the Packaging and Cellulose Supply Chain segment.The employee in this position will manage GP Containerboard Trade customer accounts and manage inventory for GP Corrugated box plants by processing incoming orders, scheduling the demand on machines, monitoring orders to ensure customer's delivery requirements are met and balancing the reciprocal purchases and sales with trade counterparties monthly. This position interacts with external customers, GP supply chain team members, and other internal capability groups to develop and implement service and cost optimization solutions.
What You Will Do In Your Role
•Developing strong relationships with customers, both internal and external, to support their needs, learn their trends, and become the primary interface to support all supply chain efforts for that account.
•Practicing good economic thinking while conducting detailed business analysis, outlining problems, opportunities, and solutions for the containerboard trading capability
•Entering customer purchase orders into an order management system for movement to and from production mills to customer box plants and warehouses
•Scheduling production of customer orders across a wide mill network based on known lead times, production and transportation costs, and customer requested delivery dates
•Optimize and control inventory levels at both GP box plants and warehouses (where applicable) with careful analysis of demand and supply.
•Interacting with customers to receive orders, cancellations, and clarify their needs. Communicating changes, delays, requests, etc. to customer as appropriate.
•Interface with the Trades Manager and cross-functional teams (supply chain, manufacturing, and financial planning) to collaborate, develop, and implement service and cost optimization solutions.
•Act as a Principled Entrepreneur while solving customer account issues by identifying root cause, proposing realistic solutions, and executing the resolution with a sense of urgency.
•Maintain accurate and timely trade-balance reporting to contribute in planning monthly supply to GP plants.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience with MS Office Software (Intermediate-Advanced Excel knowledge– Working knowledge of pivot tables, V Look Ups, and data analysis. Word- document creation/editing and Power Point presentation creation/editing)
- Experience with account management or sales support to include inventory, logistics, planning or scheduling
- Experience with order entry, ERP and/or billing experience
What Will Put You Ahead
- Customer account management or supply chain experience with a manufacturing company
- 2 years business experience in finance, customer service, sourcing, or supply chain related role
- Experience working with/using order management /fulfillment/inventory programs such as Infor, Honeywell, SAP Ariba, etc
- Some accounting knowledge desired
- Ability to build and maintain long term recurring customer relationships
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf