Georgia-Pacific is looking to hire a safety--oriented Maintenance Technician for our Gypsum facility in Las Vegas NV. The Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining, and supporting all production, ancillary, facility equipment and systems and performing a variety of maintenance duties, ensuring maximum facility uptime to meet production goals while a safe operation. Successful candidates for this role must be available to work a seven-week rotating shift. You will also need to be available to work overtime, weekends, and holidays if necessary.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Working off-shift emergency call-in for equipment or ancillary system repair or replacement
- Participating in on-the-job training and instruction to learn other job tasks
- Maintaining a neat and orderly work area, by cleaning spills and disposing of trash on a timely basis
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Using hand tools, power tools and precision-measuring devices and testing instruments and operating shop tools; drill press, band saws and general shop equipment.
- Reading diagrams, sketches, operation manuals and manufacturer's specifications for installations
- Working with machinery and mechanical equipment including motors, pneumatic & hydraulic components, conveyor systems, and production line equipment
- Troubleshooting, repairing, maintaining, and installing equipment in compliance with all plant policies and procedures
- Willing and able to work rotating shifts, holiday, weekends, and overtime as needed
The Experience You Will Bring
- A minimum of 6 months experience in troubleshooting, installing, aligning, dismantling, repairing, and maintaining industrial machinery and mechanical equipment for improved reliability and uptime
- A minimum of 6 months experience in troubleshooting issues with bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes, and conveyors
- A minimum of 6 months experience in troubleshooting and repairing hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- A minimum of one (1) year of maintenance experience in a manufacturing, industrial, production or military environment
- Experience in troubleshooting PLC, AC and DC Drive systems
- Experience with welding and fabrication
- Experience in reading technical drawings and schematics
- Experience in troubleshooting and repairing electrical/electronic systems
- Three (3) years of maintenance experience in a manufacturing, industrial, production or military environment
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
Sign on Bonus
- $2500.00 sign on bonus
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf