Senior Data Engineer
Koch Ag & Energy Solutions, LLC. (KAES) is seeking a Sr. Data Engineer for our Enterprise Data & Analytics team. This role will be a member of a team working to enable data driven insights for the organization, both in IT and across the business. Our Sr. Data Engineer engages with our business to achieve data driven outcomes by helping deliver reliable, accurate, and meaningful data. They also help drive best practices for storing, modeling, managing, and integrating with KAES’ critical data assets.
KAES and its subsidiaries market and distribute more than 13 million tons of fertilizer products annually worldwide. From an IT perspective, this creates a wealth of opportunities to develop and apply your skills and to explore a variety of career paths.
This role will collaborate cross-functionally with the Operations, Sales, Logistics, IT Architecture teams, and other IT functional teams across KAES to deliver critical data needs for a variety of business opportunities. The ideal candidate is experienced in implementing modern cloud-based data architecture, has an entrepreneurial mindset, strong communication skills, and excellent critical thinking skills.
This role is open to remote/ work from home candidates with preference to sit in Dallas, Wichita, Kansas City, Atlanta, or Reno.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Create and maintain product team’s execution roadmap and backlog
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the team’s executive sponsors
- Effectively capture business requirements, map processes, and develop functional specifications in support of business data priorities
- Deliver new data sets into the data lake utilizing multiple ingest methods. (Matillion, AWS Kinesis, Event Architecture, etc.)
- Grow, through influence, a data enablement mindset across the organization and mentor others on how to think about data needs
- Own successful implementation and design of KAES architect data solutions, contribute to strategy for code management and product development for reusable assets that accelerate time-to-value
The Experience You Will Bring
- A minimum of three years developing and deploying large scale advanced analytics applications into a production environment
- Minimum of five years, hands-on experience collaboratively developing code in object-oriented language for a production environment, including:
- Experience working in Linux environment (bash scripting)
- SQL (Data Normalization)
- Data Structures (arrays, lists, stacks, queues, trees, dictionaries, etc.)
- 5+ years' experience with query languages, data modeling, data ownership, and data platforms
- Experience in data mining techniques and methodologies (data prep/modeling, classification, regression, clustering, causal modeling, AI, machine learning, ensemble approaches)
- Advanced experience in data visualization tools with a strong grasp of effective data modeling and visualization practices
- Experience rapidly developing proof of concepts and testing new ideas, as well as scale these ideas into production ready models
- Experience leveraging cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or Microsoft Azure
What Will Put You Ahead
- Advanced, relevant education, advanced Degree (Masters or PhD) in engineering, mathematics, physics, economics, computer science, statistics, or business analytics
- Experience with AWS big data services (Kinesis, Glue, EMR, Spectrum etc.)
- Experience with ETL & analytics tools (AWS, Matillion, Tallend, AtScale, etc.)
- Experience with Scrum/Agile delivery processes and DevOps concepts (i.e. CI/CD)
- Experience with data storage technologies (Redshift, S3, Hadoop, Graph, etc.)
- Experience with multiple languages and syntax (Python, SQL, Apache Spark, etc.)
- Experience with Container based orchestration of big data pipelines
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf