INVISTA is seeking a Marine Scheduler in Houston, TX or Wichita, KS.
The Marine Scheduler role is fast-paced, dynamic, and challenging. Successful candidates must be able to adjust priorities quickly in response to frequently changing circumstances, must be accurate and timely in their communications, and must be comfortable in a culture that expects challenge and debate.
This is a collaborative position which requires initiative and strategic thinking. Candidates must be able to identify, develop and drive strategies which optimize our supply chain.
This role involves support of both domestic barging and world-wide chemical tanker operations that operate continuously and in multiple time zones. Work outside of normal business hours will be required.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Coordinate the on-time vessel and barge shipments of bulk chemicals
- Develop mutually beneficial relationships with our preferred marine logistics partners
- Lead the transformation of our marine logistics knowledge systems
- Transform and optimize our marine operations
- Oversee cargo quality control for marine shipments
The Experience You Will Bring
- 3 + years of professional experience in logistics, transportation or supply chain related role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering or Logistics OR 8+ years of experience in a related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience scheduling and coordinating marine vessel operations
- Bachelor degree in Maritime Transportation or Maritime Administration
- Ocean going vessel or inland barge operations and maintenance experience
- Off-shore or inland licensed officer
- Leadership experience
- Liquid cargo and Hazardous material handling experience
Must be able to obtain a Transportation Workers Identifications Credentialing (TWIC) badge within 90 days of hire
- Position requires travel of up to 10%
Position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf