Global Commodity Manager
A Global Commodity Manager is part of Guardian's dynamic Strategic Sourcing & Procurement team and a key contributor to strategic Company purchasing goals. This role is responsible for delivering value, including year on year cost savings, within the CAPEX category. You will provide operational support, including data analysis and reporting, market intelligence gathering, and project tracking. You will work closely with key stakeholders to develop effective cost reduction strategies and implementation plans and leverage market and supplier knowledge to drive lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO). You will proactively implement strategies and areas of opportunity for new business opportunities, process improvement, and cost efficiencies and will be considered an SME in the Capital Category. You'll be responsible for working with cross-functional partners throughout the Company to support and deliver the best value in product selection, performance, quality, service, and pricing.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Support $50-75MM in CapEx procurement activities across multiple projects and multiple countries.
- Support Engineering and Operations by driving procurement activities for CapEx projects throughout initiation, study phase, pre-project, detailed engineering, and execution phases.
- Create, present, and implement Global Commodity Strategies for assigned Commodities.
- Effectively achieve optimal total cost of ownership and manage supplier risk, while meeting the business stakeholders’ needs and objectives.
- Achieve cost savings through bidding, and negotiations. Participate in cross-functional teams to find, assess, and select appropriate suppliers that will improve value to the organization and help attain targeted business results.
- Manage supplier relationships to ensure quality, delivery and cost improvements utilizing KPIs, scorecards, etc.
- Work with supplier and project members to secure timely delivery of agreed goods or services.
- Drives value, value creation, and savings within the assigned category’s.
- Ensures optimal balance between value for money and cost savings is achieved, while ensuring quality and good customer service.
- Continually looks for opportunities for cost reductions and cost avoidance and to provide overall value.
- Ensure compliance with Company, environmental, legal and other requirements.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Understand Enterprise business relationships and how role impacts others.
- Effectively support capital buying projects within a manufacturing environment; RFx, supplier selection, project execution, cost and timing management and project close activities.
- General understanding of the financial aspects of capital expenditures, ROCC, ROI, NPV, cash flow, total cost of ownership, etc.
- General understanding of process engineering, the design and build of equipment and facility construction.
- Experience in strategic sourcing analysis and strategy implementation.
- Experience in creation, negotiation, and administration of contracts.
- Proven analytical and negotiation skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Support timely delivery plans and schedules.
- Effective time management, organization, and task prioritization skills.
- Experience with MS Office application and other work-related software.
- Experience in establishing successful cross-functional relationships.
- Ability to travel up to 35% depending on project requirements.
What Will Put You Ahead
- 5+ years of experience in Strategic Souring, Procurement, Supply Management or Supply Chain required.
- 3+ years of experience with Strategic Sourcing.
- Experience in Automation, Controls, Construction, Electrics/electronic contracting, Utilities, Industry 4.0
- BS/BA degree in related field required OR equivalent experience (e.g. Operations, Supply Chain, Finance, Engineering).