Process Simulation Engineer
Molex is looking for a Process Simulation Engineer based in Rochester Hills, MI or Lincoln, NE. Supporting Manufacturing assembly design, you will work with multi-functional manufacturing and automation teams, using Discrete Event Simulation to model and simulate manufacturing processes and systems. Assess, improve and optimize new and existing process and system performances for reduced process/system development timing and cost, improved product quality, and maximizing process efficiency and throughput.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Work with cross-functional teams to understand and collaborate new or existing manufacturing process objectives and solution strategies.
- Leverage process and analytical knowledge to determine DES modeling objectives, methodology, assumptions, data collection/analysis, and validation approaches
- Based on defined simulation objectives, use sound analytical and logical skills to construct valid DES models to support data-driven process/system design and improvement decision making
- Analyze and interpret simulation results. Apply statistical and scientific quantitative data analyses to draw manufacturing system performance conclusions, and make performance improvement recommendations
- Effectively communicate DES modeling, including but not limited to model approaches, assumptions, input data collection/analysis, and result interpretation/analysis to process/system stakeholders.
- Deliver simulation findings in a clear and concise manner to influence and drive manufacturing decision making
- Up to 15% domestic or international travel
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor or Master (preferred) degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing System Engineering, Computer Science, Operations Research, or related (i.e.: manufacturing production)
- Project or work experiences in discrete event Modeling and Simulation of complex manufacturing systems
- Hands-on experience in developing simulation models using custom code such as scripting language, C++, or similar
- Experience with analytics and statistical data analysis background
What Will Put You Ahead
- 2+ years of work experiences in discrete event Modeling and Simulation of complex
- Extensive experience with Flexsim and its scripting language
- Excellent programming skills in C++, SQL, Python, or VB
- Hands-on experience with statistical data analysis and data fitting using Minitab or equivalent statistical analysis software
- Ability to understand and analyze high level manufacturing process concepts and represent them in virtual simulation models
- Experience with connector assembly lines
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf