Product Innovation Leader
This job posting is no longer active.
We are seeking a technical innovator with an entrepreneurial spirit capable of leading and developing a team to provide competitive advantage in the architectural glass industry.
The position reports into Guardian’s Global Product Innovation team within our Science and Technology research and development capability and is based in Southeast Michigan with offices in Ann Arbor and Carleton. As a leader on this team you will have the opportunity to make your mark on skyscrapers and homes around the world and while having a major impact on reducing global energy consumption.
While there is some opportunity to tailor the position to the right candidate, chief amongst your responsibilities will be to supervise a team of experienced scientists and engineers, helping them to improve and succeed. Additionally, you would manage a multi-million-dollar portfolio of product development and capability building projects by providing project leadership, technical guidance, and opportunity identification to maximize value creation.
What You Will Do In Your Role
The preferred candidate will have demonstrated ability to:
- Influence across a diverse organization of marketing and manufacturing to efficiently and effectively advance product development and capability building initiatives
- Supervise (develop, coach, challenge, motivate, incentivize) and hire technical innovators that consistently deliver a competitive advantage aligned with our organization’s culture
- Broadly envision internal and external project path alternatives within a decision-making framework that leads to effective actions
- Identify, engage, and manage external resources
- Practice and teach critical and economic thinking to assess alternatives
- Assess team talent and comparative advantage to effectively deploy resources
- Respectfully challenge the status quo or standard approaches to result in profitable transformation
- Regularly step out of technical comfort zone and practice a systematic approach to technical problem solving based on scientific and engineering methods
- Synthesize internal and external customer pain points into opportunities; develop and share such opportunities
- Utilize personal experience and a network of experienced knowledge to accurately assess project risks and develop commensurate mitigation plans
- Persevere in the face of obstacles while encouraging challenge and changing course as needed based on an intellectually honest assessment
- Present knowledge in a cogent and concise manner that facilitates challenge and yields superior outcomes
- Proactively share and seek knowledge from internal and external customers
- Embody our MBM guiding principles
The Experience You Will Bring
- An advanced degree in a technical field
- 5 or more years of experience in successfully bringing new technologies to market and realizing strong returns on investment.
- 3 or more years supervising PhD level scientists or engineers
What Will Put You Ahead
- Optical coatings or devices manufactured with wet or vacuum based technologies.
- Manufacturing efficiency methods including for example Lean Manufacturing, root cause analysis, technology transfer and scaling, six sigma, statistical process control (SPC), etc.
- Modeling of physical or chemical systems.
- Advanced data analysis and machine learning.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.