Production Worker- Monticello, MS
Are you a safety-minded, motivated individual with a strong sense of urgency? Do you have a desire to join a company that offers tremendous career development opportunities? If so, then the Production Worker position at our Georgia-Pacific facility in Monticello, MS may be the right job for you! Our Production Workers create value by working as a team and independently to produce a quality product in a timely manner for our customers. This role starts out at $17.34/ hour.
These positions work 12 hour rotating day to night shifts (7am – 7pm, 7pm – 7am). This includes weekends, overtime, and holidays as required.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Housekeeping throughout shift to maintain a safe working environment
- Troubleshooting and performing minor machine adjustments
- Operating Forklifts, Bobcats, Cranes, and Scissor-lifts to move paper rolls and replenish supplies
- Utilizing the computer to complete Computer Based Training (CBT’s), Performance Tracking Manager (PTM)/Work Requests, etc.
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School diploma or GED
- Six (6) or more months of experience in one or more of the following environments: manufacturing, industrial, farming, agriculture, landscaping, carpentry, mechanical, and/or construction
- Willing and able to work around dust, oil, grease, chemicals, and other substances
- Willing and able to perform repetitive tasks for an extended period of time, i.e.; lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling
- Willing and able to work in a hot, cold, dusty, and noisy industrial environment
- Experience reading a tape measure
What Will Put You Ahead
- Two (2) or more years of experience in one or more of the following environments: manufacturing, industrial, farming, agriculture, landscaping, carpentry, mechanical, and/or construction
- Experience operating a forklift or mobile industrial equipment
- Associate degree or higher in a technical or mechanical field
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf