Phillips-Medisize, a Molex Company, is seeking a Finance Controller to support the Pre-Production business. This role will be a collaborative business partner to the Global Innovation and Development (GID) teams, providing financial oversight to the GID Hudson facility, multiple Tool Build facilities, as well as support to the international GID leadership teams.
The primary objective of this role is to proactively deliver business insight through a combination of strong financial execution, measures, and business knowledge. This role will proactively drive understanding of financial levers for project and non-project accounting, support variance reporting of GID Hudson, Tool Build facility financials and global standardization of GID financial operations. You will have the opportunity to actively partner with the global program leadership teams in establishing best practices and system development through a continuous improvement cycle.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Responsible for financial governance and review of the facility financials for GID Hudson, Tool Builds, and Global GID Support, including but not limited to: project accounting financials, P&L and balance sheet impacts, budgeting, forecasting, reporting, new international GID site set-up enabling and driving business growth, and communication of financial risks and elevation of financial drivers impacting program accounting results.
- Driving financial insights through the development and management of business/financial metrics and performance measures across GID to improve profitability and cost efficiencies.
- Responsible for accurate and timely revenue recognition in accordance with GAAP.
- Responsible for supporting the monthly loss reserve analysis and deferral for accurate financial reporting, partnering closely with the program engineering team.
- Responsible for auditing project systems and financial results to ensure compliance with program accounting manual, policies, procedures, and GAAP requirements.
- Responsible for monitoring rates and activity codes for consistency with the global standard.
- Responsible for financial support on internal investments.
- Proactively identify business risks and opportunities impacting project accounting and provide insights to management.
- Enable an environment of strong business partnership, knowledge share and principled entrepreneurship
- Proactively serve as the liaison between Global Business Services, Molex Corporate Accounting and the Pre-Production business to support financial items as they arise.
- Understand the overall division and corporate visions and partner with the organization to drive actions aligned with this vision.
- Provide financial guidance on new business awards (NBA) and considerations of the impact to the financial results by participating in contract reviews.
- Identify gaps in processes, reports, and practices and work with program leads and business partners to provide better information.
- Understand financial controls and be a champion of them throughout the business.
- Respond to and prioritize ad-hoc requests from leaders.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related business field
- A minimum of 7 years experience in Accounting or Finance
- Experience with budgeting and forecasting
- Advanced experience in Excel
- Experience developing business presentations and related supporting documents, as well presenting the information to senior leadership teams
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
What Will Put You Ahead
- CPA or CMA, can be inactive or active
- Accounting or Finance experience within a medical manufacturing environment
- Previous leadership experience
In order to comply with U.S. export control laws and regulations, this position requires applicants to either provide proof of U.S. citizenship or lawful permanent resident status or be eligible to receive an export authorization (a license) under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf