Technical Representative - Asphalt
Flint Hills Resources, LP (FHR) is seeking a Technical Representative to work in our Asphalt Group in Rosemount, MN. As an Asphalt Technical Representative, you will be a member of the team that is responsible for the technical support of FHR’s asphalt terminals across the upper Midwest.
What You Will Do In Your Role
In this role you will support FHR’s Asphalt Business. Internally, you will work closely with the Operations Group, the Commercial Group, the Pine Bend Refinery, and support groups such as Legal, Accounting, Health, Safety and Compliance. Interaction with other business groups within FHR and Koch Industries is expected and encouraged. Externally, you will work with State DOT representatives, contractors, vendors and customers. You will participate in various industry association groups and focus on maintaining and developing relationships that create value to the business.
The successful candidate will achieve satisfactory results in key metrics related to product quality, specification compliance, environmental, health and safety performance, production and process improvement, and the profitable application of innovation within the business.
At least 25% travel is required to support the network of asphalt plants and attend company and industry association meetings.
The Experience You Will Bring
- 5+ years of proven experience and results in a technical support role in the asphalt products industry. Experience includes, but is not limited to, raw material selection, processing procedures, production support, product formulations, troubleshooting and specification compliance specific to polymer modified asphalt binders.
- Strong and effective communication skills, written and oral.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Valid driver's license.
- Ability to comply with the physical requirements of this position: negotiate in, on and around piping at grade level and tolerate scents common to fuels and asphalt operations, as well as those of construction and maintenance related activities.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience formulating, producing, and testing emulsified asphalts.
- Established relationships with key industry associations and key personnel in the asphalt industry.
- Examples of innovation (attempted or implemented) within the asphalt industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Civil or Chemical Engineering or other science-related field.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf