Facility Maintenance Leader
Georgia-Pacific’s Consumer Products Division is currently recruiting a Facility Maintenance Manager to support the Maintenance team at the Plattsburgh tissue manufacturing site in Plattsburgh New York.
This position will be part of the Mill Leadership Team and will report directly to the Mill Director.
The scope of responsibility will include leading Maintenance personnel in the Paper Manufacturing and Converting areas to develop and execute Maintenance and Reliability improvement strategies for the facility. The Maintenance Manager is responsible for improving all aspects of the maintenance and reliability efforts for the facility resulting in improving the facility’s manufacturing performance and competitive position. Plattsburgh is located on Lake Champlain in the northeast part of New York State about 20 miles south of the Canadian Border. To the west of Plattsburgh sits 6.1 million acres of land called the Adirondack Park which contains the famous Adirondack Mountains. There are over one hundred summits, ranging from under 1,200 to over 5,000 feet in altitude. Hiking the 46 Adirondack High Peaks is recognized as one of the greatest challenges in the Adirondack Park. Plattsburgh is also located adjacent to a major North/South Interstate 87 highway that runs north on a direct route to Montreal, Canada and south to New York City (where over 50M people live within 400 miles of the Plattsburgh facility).
If you’d like to put your leadership and Maintenance technical skills to good use, apply today!
What You Will Do In Your Role
• Fully supporting the vision of creating an environment where there are no significant incidents
• Providing leadership and direction around all company rules, policies, and procedures
• Applying and driving Market-Based Management® principles throughout the organization
• Coaching, mentoring, and removing barriers for those working to perform preventive, predictive, and corrective maintenance functions
• Interacting closely with Operations leadership and other groups to build and maintain effective customer relationships
• Driving precision maintenance and root cause analysis
• Working to achieve excellence in all accepted metrics & best practices regarding reliability improvement
• Identifying and driving execution of opportunities to improve the plant, equipment availability, and property to eliminate unplanned events
• Assisting with recruiting, hiring, and retaining maintenance technicians
• Assisting with training & development of Operating Technicians who need to learn basic Maintenance tasks to support Operator Basic Care
The Experience You Will Bring
• Associates Degree or higher and five (5) years of experience working with reliability systems in a manufacturing environment OR ten (10) years or more of experience working with reliability systems in a manufacturing environment
• Experience facilitating root cause analysis activities
• Leadership experience
What Will Put You Ahead
• Performance management experience i.e. coaching, managing, teaching
• Experience with computer maintenance systems
• Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical or Engineering Field and ten (10) years or more of experience working with reliability systems in a manufacturing environment
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf