Quality Manager – Akron, OH
Georgia-Pacific is seeking an experienced Quality Manager to join our team In Akron, OH. As a member of the plant leadership team, the Quality Manger partners with the operations and commercial teams to ensure we produce and deliver high quality products that meet our customer’s needs.
This role reports directly to the Director of Operations, with potential for advancement both within the plant and across the company. The Akron facility offers an exciting opportunity for a dynamic individual to partner with multiple teams across various departments. If you are someone who strives in continuous improvement and the ability to influence teams without having direct supervision responsibilities over those teams, come join our team!
To learn more about the GP Corrugated Business, check out these videos/links:
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Exemplify and advance Market Based Management (MBM®).
- Foster a quality culture
- Drive zero defects through continuous improvement of people and process control
- Champion Product Safety/Quality certification programs
- Lead quality process improvements within the facility
- Interface with internal and external customers to assure quality expectations are met, including managing customer relations through written and verbal communications
- Lead facility with root cause and corrective action process, providing timely resolutions to customer inquiries, feedback investigations, and corrective actions
- Participate in audit process of other facilities, warehouses, and co-manufacturers.
- Assure vendors are meeting our material specifications.
- Track, monitor and report to leadership on quality performance using statistical techniques
- Be part of the leadership team that drives safety performance within the facility.
- Administer corporate computer systems involving plant floor data collection and customer complaints.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Two (2) or more years of experience within a quality or manufacturing environment
- One or more year(s) of experience using statistical tools for data analysis
- Experience with third-party quality audits
- Experience with managing third party certifications of quality and product safety systems
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite such as Excel (create/modify spreadsheets), Word (create/modify documents), and PowerPoint (prepare/present presentations
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or other technical discipline
- Three (3) or more years managing quality and process improvements
- Lead Auditor Certification
- Lean manufacturing experience
- Experience with Safe Quality Food (SQF) and /or British Retail Consortium (BRC)
- Experience supervising employees win an industrial, manufacturing or military environment
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf