Vice President, Sales and Marketing
This job posting is no longer active.
Genesis Robotics & Motion Technologies – Vice President, Sales and Marketing
At GRMT, there is no such thing as a dull moment. The path we are on is full of excitement, energy, and exploring new frontiers. Picture having your own front row seat to the robotics revolution and the future of motion technologies. This is the journey Genesis has traveled since the company’s inception. In April 2018, Koch Industries acquired majority ownership of GRMT. As a part of the Koch Engineered Solutions group, GRMT is able to leverage the capabilities and strength of one of the world’s largest private companies.
Our portfolio of disruptive actuation and motion control solutions is generating significant demand in the market-place. We are positioning the business to capture existing market share as well as create new market opportunities within the robotics and industrial automation industries. We are seeking an executive commercial leader to guide all aspects of our Sales & Marketing function. Reporting to the CEO, the VP, Sales and Marketing will support the ongoing refinement of a commercial vision, ensure that market requirements are leading GRMT’s product development efforts, as well as develop internal capabilities that will make GRMT’s vision a reality.
We have and will continue to develop long-lasting relationships with our customers. This approach requires the pursuit of win-win relationships based on aligned visions, values, incentives, and a strong foundation of earned trust. You will be central in stewarding existing customer relationships as well as developing new relationships, all while clearly representing the voice of the customer to internal stakeholders and ensuring our team is working to both meet and anticipate customer needs.
Ability to lead, develop, and grow a diverse team of sales, marketing and business development professionals will be a key driver of success within the VP Sales and Marketing role. We are a “values first” culture and view leadership as a core capability that will continue to drive the success of our business.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- As the companies’ executive commercial leader, you will develop a culture that creates value for customers and Genesis while building and modeling the Guiding Principles: Integrity, Stewardship & Compliance, Principled Entrepreneurship®, Transformation, Knowledge, Humility, Respect and Self Actualization.
- Lead, manage, and grow a team of sales, marketing, and business development professionals.
- Acquire talent that creates competitive advantage for Genesis and mange performance issues rapidly and respectfully.
- Develop market and customer views that lead to clear strategies for market and customer segmentation and prioritized opportunities to create clear focus for the team.
- Develop strategies for maximizing opportunities through the value chain; seek opportunities to create partners with both end-users and OEMs.
- Develop a global go-to-market capability that maximizes the value of distribution networks, sales reps channel partners, and direct employees.
- Develop and implement sales and marketing processes and tools, including Salesforce, throughout the organization.
- Create clear metrics and dashboards to measure and drive performance.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Subject matter expertise in robotics, automation, and/or actuation
- Technical familiarity with mechanical, electrical, or mechatronics engineering
- 20+ years of direct and indirect sales experience
- Executive level sales experience in a large and small companies
- 10+ years selling products and engineering services into complex product development environments
- 10+ years leading and managing global teams with 15 or more members (direct and indirect reports)
- Demonstrated success in scaling up a new company or product; including:
- Developing scalable business processes
- Establishing a distribution network
- Defining the appropriate team structure
- Recruiting and developing the right talent
- Demonstrated leadership abilities – knows how to lead a group as well as individuals
- Remote or home-based is an option, but you must be willing and able to work out of our Langley (Vancouver), BC facility 30 to 40% of the time
- Travel internationally as required; if remote based, total travel will be ~75%
What Will Put You Ahead:
- Willingness to relocate to the Greater Vancouver area is strongly preferred; immigration and relocation support will be provided
- Fluent in German or Japanese
Who is Genesis Robotics?
Genesis Robotics & Motion Technologies develops and commercializes innovative actuation technologies, including electric motors and gears, for robotics and other end markets. Our core patented product is a high-torque direct drive robotic actuator – the LiveDrive™. The LiveDrive™, along with a growing portfolio of other motion technologies, will power the world’s fastest, safest, and most versatile robots.
Located in Langley, British Columbia, our rapidly growing team is currently made up of 100+ individuals with diverse skillsets: PhD engineers, designers, physicists, mathematicians, highly skilled machinists and fabricators, and business development and sales professionals.
As a part of the Koch family, we are able to leverage the capabilities and strength of one of the world’s largest private companies as we look to bring our technologies to the world.
Learn about the Humans of Genesis on our LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/genesis-robotics
See more at our website: http://www.genesis-robotics.com/
and on our Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD5azmfUwUcfAvJn8jl1_eg
This job posting is no longer active.