Flint Hills Resources, L.P. is seeking a Project Chemist in Wichita, KS to join the Wichita Technical Center. The mission of the Wichita Technical Center is to provide technical support for product quality, processing, and distribution projects to support various FHR businesses (refinery, chemical, biofuels, terminal operations, innovation and marketing) and other Koch business groups (Georgia Pacific, INVISTA, Koch Pipeline, Koch Fertilizer). The successful Project Chemist should be self-directed in project execution, proficient on complex laboratory scientific instrumentation, and demonstrate strong critical thinking skills.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Plan and execute and/or supervise experiments and projects, interpret results, write protocols and reports, and presents results
- Interface independently with customers
- Gather information that is relevant to a chemical analysis problem and determines proper procedures and instrumentation
- Adept at developing new laboratory methods and applications
- Evaluate new technology and methods to improve FHR operations
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelors degree in science (chemistry, biochemistry, physics, etc.) with 5+ years experience in a refining or chemical manufacturing environment OR 10+ years experience in a refining or chemical manufacturing environment with focus on organic chemistry
What Will Put You Ahead
- Expertise in chemical surface chemistry or process chemistry
- Masters or PhD with organic chemistry emphasis
- Project management or leadership experience
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf