''Innovation is facilitated by having the right people in the
right roles with the right skills and values.''
- Charles Koch, Koch Industries Chairman and CEO
If you are someone who wants to work for a company that will value your input and knowledge, then we have the perfect opportunity for you. At Georgia-Pacific, we won’t just offer you a job, we’ll offer you a career that will allow you to grow and innovate as an individual.
Georgia-Pacific is currently searching for Manufacturing Technicians at our Green Bay facility on Packerland. This position would work a 12-hour rotating shift (6:30-6:30) on a 2-2-3 schedule with Friday/Saturday/Sunday as the weekend. Switching from days to nights and nights to days every two weeks with the flexibility to trade shifts with coworkers. Starting wages are flexible based on experience.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Setting up, operating, and/or tending machines to perform a variety of functions, such as rewinding, folding, printing, gluing, wrapping, boxing, or stacking of paper goods
- Meeting daily production standards
- Inspecting product to ensure quality standards are met
- Performing preventive maintenance and basic machine repair
- Adhering to all safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Maintaining cleanliness of work area throughout shift
The Experience You Will Bring
- One (1) year or more experience in a manufacturing, industrial or military environment
- Experience using a computer for recording-keeping and documentation functions
- Willing and able to work twelve (12) hour shifts, to include rotating, nights, weekends, holidays and overtime
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
- Willing and able to work around moving equipment and machinery
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment
- Willing and able to work around dust, oil, grease, chemicals and other substances
- Willing and able to use hand tools to include but not limited to: wire/band cutters, wrenches, screwdrivers, pliers, and tape measure
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience utilizing computerized machinery in a production environment
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Previous experience working a rotating shift
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing manufacturing equipment
Packerland, is a leading specialty paper packaging supplier focused on providing a quality product and cost savings to our customers in the foodservice and retail napkin industry. We offer our customers a strategic partnership that contributes to their long-term profitability and success.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf