Regional Planner (Building Products)
Georgia-Pacific Lumber is hiring a Regional Planner to join its newly established Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) team. He/she will be responsible for profitably managing supply chain volatility, applying order management best practices, and identifying process improvement opportunities. Critical to success in this role is the ability to partner across multiple capabilities and develop a shared point of view. The ideal candidate must also be able to think critically and economically driving profitable decision making based on data.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Prioritize weekly order file based on customer value, expectations, and mill capability
- Optimize readied orders working with shipping coordinator balancing floor stock and future production
- Manage weekly order file against daily facility loading limits maximizing shipment consistency
- Address oversold products working with sales, plant, and transportation to minimize customer impact
- Proactively monitor key metrics identifying risk and/or areas for concern - Lead Times, Service Levels, Open Market Capacity Available for Sale, Warehouse Utilization, etc.
- Continually look for ways to mature and improve our planning capabilities
- Strong analytical and problem‐solving capabilities, including the ability to clearly define problems, collect data from a variety of sources, establish facts, draw valid/profitable conclusions, and influence others through effective communication
- Ability to effectively manage concurrent priorities with follow up and timely resolution
- Establish and maintain positive business relationships
- Ability to accurately present data in a clear and concise format
The Experience You Will Bring
- 2+ years of experience in an inside sales, planning, scheduling, supply chain, operations, or business analysis role
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite or Office 365; that includes Excel (spreadsheet creation/editing, pivot tables, data manipulation/analysis and formula creation) Word and PowerPoint
- Experience performing Order Management responsibilities
- Experience with an ERP System (i.e. OneLISA, SAP, Oracle, JD Edwards or similar)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Lumber industry experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Supply Chain, Finance, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or another business-related field
- Experience improving work processes to be more effective, efficient, and economic
- Experience with business analysis and data visualization tools (SQL, Hyperion, Tableau, PowerBI, etc.)
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf