Maintenance Supervisor – San Leandro, CA.
Georgia-Pacific is currently seeking a reliability focused Maintenance Supervisor for our corrugated container facility in San Leandro, CA. The Maintenance Supervisor will lead a team of skilled multi craft industrial maintenance mechanics to improve the facility’s manufacturing performance and facility maintenance. Maintenance supervisors oversee and coordinate an effective preventative maintenance program to improve equipment reliability and empowering maintenance technicians to reduce machine downtime and unscheduled maintenance activities. The maintenance program focuses on value creation measured by improved equipment reliability to maximize manufacturing productivity.
To learn more about Georgia-Pacific Corrugated, check out these videos:
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Drive safety excellence through promoting employee involvement, ownership and accountability to proactively identify hazards and implement the appropriate mitigating strategies; investigate incidents and participate in resolution of causes
- Executing a predictive and preventive maintenance plan. Drive development of preventative and predictive maintenance program
- Lead, develop, comply with and enforce world class industrial maintenance safety processes and procedures; investigate incidents and participate in resolution of causes
- Engage with crews and supervisors (Production, Quality, Safety), within each department, to ensure each department is focusing on the performance of the people, processes and equipment
- Mentoring and coaching to support team members, align team members with goals and provide performance feedback
- Assessing machine conditions and deploying talent accordingly by using technical, electrical, and mechanical skills; ensure maintenance work is properly executed to plan and schedule that planner has created. Manage work of outside contractors as required.
- Identify and help procure maintenance related parts and materials; assist in management of maintenance storeroom inventory; ensure materials management processes are adhered to.
- Hands on interaction during equipment preventative maintenance and unscheduled equipment downtime troubleshooting events; perform systematic analysis and resolution of processes and equipment failures; develop and implement concepts and designs for process improvement projects
- Developing cohesive teams between the operations, quality, safety, 3rd party contractors, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM)’s, and other GP site Maintenance groups to improve reliability
The Experience You Will Bring
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as a maintenance supervisor or reliability leader/engineer in an industrial, manufacturing or military environment
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, Teams, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Willing and able to work to an adaptive and flexible work schedule that might include nights, weekends and holidays
What Will Put You Ahead
- Electrical, mechanical or industrial engineering degree
- Experience with programmable logic controllers (PLC), industrial electricity and controls
- Experience within the corrugated packaging industry
- Experience with a CMMS MP2 (computerized maintenance management systems)
- Experience with software such as, Autocad, in creating mechanical and electrical drawings
- Experience leveraging preventive and predictive maintenance programs to achieve facility goals
- Experience with reading blueprints, single lines drawings.
- Experience with scoping out Capex Projects, and Management of Change
- Experience with facilities and building maintenance (ie. HVAC, roofing, remote security monitoring)
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf