Business Development Associate
Koch Engineered Solutions “KES” is a holding company for a growing portfolio of industrial technologies and related services. Current KES core technologies include mass transfer, combustion engineering & pollution control, heat transfer, membranes and filtration, actuation systems for robotics and automation, intelligent electric grid and next generation asset integrity.
We are currently seeking a Business Development Associate to join our team! Our ideal candidate will bring the ability to effectively and concisely communicate key take-aways and recommend action items from large amounts of data to our leadership team. Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must for this role. If you are looking for the next challenge in your career, check out our open role!
What You Will Do In Your Role:
- Collaborate with the respective KES companies to better understand and anticipate unmet needs of existing and potential customers. Identify potential gaps in KES capabilities or product and service offerings and alternatives for filling such gaps.
- Work with KES companies to develop and maintain a deep understanding of current and future competitors and competing technology offerings.
- Develop market and competitor analysis in potential step-out industrial technology areas where KES may consider investing. Analysis would include, but not be limited to i) current and future addressable market size by application and geography, ii) key trends in what customers value in terms of product and service offerings, iii) key regulatory or policy trends driving supply or demand, and iv) evaluating industry competitors in terms of who is winning and why they are winning.
- Develop financial models and associated presentations as part of the acquisition and POV process.
- Proactively collaborate with both internal and external stakeholders. This includes working with colleagues across both KES and the respective Koch companies.
- Attend global conferences and industry events as appropriate to aid in understanding relevant market dynamics. Network with industry leaders, experts and emerging industrial technology companies to gather and provide feedback on market trends and dynamics.
The Experience You Will Bring:
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or Business
- A minimum of 2 years experience developing market and competitive analysis
- Experience analyzing financial statements and generating financial models
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Willing and able to travel up to 10%
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
- Experience working at a leading consulting firm or investment bank
- Experience collecting and analyzing voice of customer data
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf