Plating Lab Technician
The Plating Lab Technician is responsible for testing plated parts and evaluate acceptability of materials, and components by utilizing lab equipment for the Farmington facility. Must be open and flexible to working in other stations within the department/Plant as business fluctuates.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Develop competent, multidisciplinary skill sets capable of performing work in the Plating department
- Complete production task in accordance with IATF 16949 based procedures and work instructions
- Ensure production volume requirements are met using a safe and productive process flow
- Perform in a structured environment that is driven by self-discipline and strong work ethics
- Utilize the 5S process and philosophy to establish work place norms for orderliness, cleanliness, discipline, continuous improvement
- Conduct themselves in a safe manner by following all job safety practices. (Stop, Think, Ask)
- Adhere to all plant policies, procedures, and work instructions
- Accept personal ownership of company, plant and departmental goals for quality, productivity and safety.
- Maintain and continuously improve work area(s) as well as associated tools and equipment
- Ability to distinguish variations in product color as well as other cosmetic defects.
- Ability to use various measuring devices and apply work instructions.
- Must help with weekly tank maintenance.
- Ability to rely on the use of experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Promote and exemplify our MBM Guiding Principles
- Analyze plating baths are correct and enter data as required by True Chem schedule.
- Check PH levels as required
- Properly fill out all specified production documentation required for the position.
- Clean Lab and equipment
- Must send results to all pertinent staff as required
- Hazardous waste handling (labeling, packaging, etc.)
The Experience You Will Bring
- Ability to become proficient in operating lab equipment
- Must be able to work overtime as required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent math skills
- Ability to calculate simple mathematical equations.
- Must be able to follow a work instruction
- Highly motivated self-starting individual who is comfortable working as a team
- Must be able to focus for long periods of time
- Must maintain high standards for work attendance and performance.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience working in a laboratory setting
- Experience in manufacturing and chome plating
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf