Koch Specialty Plant Services is seeking a Project Coordinator to work either in their Baton Rouge, LA or Houston, TX office. This role will coordinate and assist managing projects, front end planning and development, as well as provide project coordination during the work execution. In addition, this role will manage project cost, cost reporting and invoicing through project completion. The successful candidate will be the customer's primary point of contact and will work with them directly to identify their requirements while maintaining adherence to KSPS' safety and execution requirements. There is future growth potential for this role to move into various positions in our company.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Work with a Project Manager to develop, estimates, schedules and detailed project execution and safety plans for industrial projects of varying complexity
- Develop project progress status reports and detailed cost analysis reports
- Understand construction schedules prepared in various formats including Microsoft Project and Primavera
- Increase Profitability of KSPS Projects
- Receive project turnover from KSPS Sales team
- Pre-job coordination and interaction with customer
- Developing execution strategies for KSPS Projects
- Identify work hazards and develop safety execution plans
- Develop and deliver work plan to Site Manager for project execution
- Administer contract and change orders
- Submit invoice instructions to KSPS Accounting group
- Travel to project sites as needed up to 10%
The Experience You Will Bring:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1+ years experience in planning, supervising and/or project coordination in the refining and/or petrochemical industry
- 1+ years experience utilizing MS Office (including Excel, Word & Outlook) in a business environment
- 5+ years experience in the construction industry or degree in a related field construction management/engineering)
- 1+ years experience reading and reviewing engineering drawings
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Technology, or Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in a project management or related role in the petrochemical industry
- 2+ years of experience estimating industrial construction projects
- Working knowledge of Mass Transfer equipment (process column trays, packing, etc.)
- Working knowledge of ASME Code Welding
- Experience using Primavera or Microsoft scheduling software
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf