Reliability Engineer / Specialist
Georgia Pacific is seeking a motivated and self-driven Rotating Equipment Reliability Engineer / Specialist to join our team in Monticello, MS. The primary purpose of the Rotating Equipment Reliability Engineer /Specialist is to improve the performance of the rotating equipment assets performance on-site and manage the PDM program for rotating equipment assets. The Rotating Equipment Reliability Engineer / Specialist is responsible for developing, optimizing, and implementing equipment stewardship strategies and programs that will maximize asset value creation, safe equipment operation, and controlled cost of ownership for the various assets supported. The successful candidate will have problem-solving abilities, written and verbal communication skills, and a disciplined approach to company standards and procedures that are required to facilitate and implement improvements. The ability to be customer focused, provide quality service, improve equipment, and process reliability while listening, understanding and effectively communicating information and ideas, and expressing thoughts and ideas clearly and concisely will be key in this role.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Provide leadership to establish and drive reliability principles and best work practices
- Establishing equipment performance expectations and measuring overall equipment performance
- Monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and metrics for proactive identification and resolution of reliability issues
- Support QA\QC activities for major overhauls as well as quality/precision repairs to critical rotating equipment for production units
- Working with production to identify key areas for reliability improvements, develop action plans, and work to integrate the rotating equipment reliability program to support production goals
- Provide technical support to all Reliability Engineers, and Maintenance on mechanical repairs, troubleshooting problems, and equipment installation issues
- Provide technical support to the Engineering department on the selection of mechanical equipment based on reliability improvements and industry best practices
- Review and communicate business economics impact of reliability issues and improvements
- Provide economic justification of alternative solutions, conclusions, and approaches to solving equipment problems
- Conduct shop inspections and validations, technical guidance and overview, scope of work review and approval for key rotating equipment assets repairs and/or overhauls
- Design and operation of rotating equipment, ability to read and interpret pump curves, engineering drawings, blueprints, and schematics
The Experience You Will Bring
- 5+ years of reliability experience in the manufacturing industry
- Level one lubrication certification from Noria or equivalent
- Level one vibration analysis certification from recognized training program
- Experience leading rotating equipment reliability programs
- Experience with rotating equipment including application, installation, operation, and repair
- Experience with a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- Experience in the application of predictive technologies, such as vibration analysis, infrared thermography, lubrication analysis, ultrasound, etc.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This role is not eligible for VISA sponsorship