Who is Guardian Industries?
Headquartered in Auburn Hills, Michigan, Guardian Industries is a wholly owned subsidiary of KOCH Industries. When you are looking at a city’s skyline or any of the latest cars and trucks, chances are you’re seeing our products. Through Guardian Glass, a Guardian Industries company, we make high- performance, energy efficient glass for homes and buildings. SRG Global™, a Guardian Industries company, makes automotive trim products that define a vehicle’s DNA and help improve fuel efficiency.
And perhaps most of all, we make the ideas, formulas and processes that make these products possible. Guardian Industries is 18,000 people working to make products that improve people’s lives! To Learn more visit our website at: https://www.guardian.com
Guardian Glass is seeking you to become our next Production Supervisor for our Corsicana, Texas facility!
This role is responsible for leading the team by helping those around them to improve and succeed. Focused on creating long-term value, the Production Supervisor creates an environment where ongoing business transformation is occurring. This leader is responsible for teaching our team to relentlessly acquire knowledge of technologies and methods, from inside and outside of our organization.
Guardian offers an entrepreneurial environment and a unique culture that focuses on results, playing to win and rewarding employees for their commitment to excellence. We are presently recruiting for Production Supervisor for the Float Glass operations, who will thrive in our culture. This position will be located at our Corsicana, TX Float Glass facility just South of Dallas, Texas.
Reporting directly to the Department Manager, the Production Supervisor is responsible for the supervision and execution of production operations that ensures employee safety, minimizes interruptions to the operation and maximizes outputs. This leadership role will be the direct supervisor of the unit’s production staff, understanding the impacts to business, quality, and customer operations.
What You Will Do In Your Role
Team – Management & Leadership
- Collaborate to meet customer requirements
- Develop the production team to increase knowledge, skills, and capabilities.
- Promote efficiencies of the production process (standards implementation & improvement).
- Lead and direct the production team to integrate continuous improvement and focused on transformational opportunities
- Provide leadership and direction to the safety of all employees and visitors to the facility.
- Lead, track and improve performance on key goals and objectives.
Culture – Create a culture rooted in MBM values & beliefs
- Assist in evaluate and select the appropriate talent and level of talent to advance our desired culture and profitably staff supply chain functions at the plant.
- Ensure employees connect with how they drive value for the company; identify talent gaps that are obstacles to superior results and coach employees.
- Understand, develop, apply, and coach employees on our culture of Market Based Management® (MBM®).
- Identify Compliance risks and develop gap closure plans to address risks while implementing a systematic approach to maintaining compliance.
- Resolve customer complaints/issues (internal and external); using them as an opportunity to understand the true root cause and develop a plan to resolve the root cause.
- Drive transformation and continuous improvement in the process, aligning with the Guardian vision.
The Experience You Will Bring
- 2-5 years of supervisory experience within a manufacturing setting.
- Willing to work 12-hour rotating shift schedule.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience.
- Ability to work effectively and communicate across multiple levels.
- Demonstrated success in measuring and improving processes to meet organization goals.
- Demonstrated experience in leading positive employee relations to maintain a union-free environment.
- Proficiency using MS Office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Engineering preferred.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf