Industrial Mechanic (Millwright)
The Wilmington, NC site currently has an opening for Industrial Mechanic (Millwright). This position reports to the Maintenance Optimizer. The successful candidate comes with prior maintenance experience in utilities operations, chemical or heavy manufacturing environment and contributes to a shared vison of innovation and resource conservation.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Perform installation or corrective and preventive maintenance on all plant mechanical (production & utilities) equipment including but not limited to: Pumps, Motors, Gearboxes, Compressor, Conveyor Systems, Reactors, Mixers, Process heaters, Boilers, Fans, etc.
- Complete Job Safety/Hazard Analysis prior to starting work to ensure all possible hazards are recognized and mitigated.
- Provide accurate and detailed daily feedback to work order system
- Provide leadership to other maintenance crafts.
- Execute line breaks and pipe-fitting tasks.
- Perform rigging and crane signaling.
- Work on general construction jobs e.g. (running conduit or pipe, concrete work, heavy equipment operation, insulation, etc.)
- Participate with special projects as assigned.
- Assist Operations in troubleshooting issues.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram forms including reading schematics and piping & instrumentation diagrams as well as manufacturers’ manuals and fabrication drawings.
- Use knowledge of precision alignment of motors and couplings, chain and sprocket drives.
- Demonstrate interest in continuous learning and in helping others learn new skills.
Schedule: 4-10's Monday - Thursday, 10 hour shifts
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Education or the equivalent
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in manufacturing / industrial field performing tasks including industrial mechanic/millwright duties, pipe-fitting, rigging, laser alignments, pump and gearbox re-builds or related military experience.
- Rotating equipment background including fans, blowers and centrifugal pumps.
- Experience using hand and shop tools (precision tools such as calipers, micrometers, torque wrenches, etc.)
- Experience maintaining a variety of mechanical assets working with tight tolerances and exact specifications
- Basic skill level in MS Word and Outlook
- Work in extreme temperatures and weather conditions for various periods of time.
- Able to perform tasks such as lifting (50 lbs.), walking, climbing stairs & ladders, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day.
- Maintain adherence to safety rules and regulations including wearing personal protective equipment - respirator, flame retardant clothing, hard hat, safety glasses, safety boots, hearing protection
- Work 10-hr day shift; provide on-call coverage; work overtime, as needed including, weekends & holidays
What Will Put You Ahead
- Pipefitting and flanged joint make-up experience.
- Experience using SAP maintenance module or CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System)
- Proficient in reading engineering drawings and blueprints.
- Experience with Root cause analysis methodology (cause map, 5 why, fishbone).
This role is not eligible for Visa sponsorship.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This role is subject to a pre-hire physical abilities test
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf