OnPoint Digital Solutions is looking for a Sales Manager to join our team as an individual contributor to help grow our technical software as a service (SaaS) customer base! The Sales Manager would be part of a fast-growing technology start-up within one of the largest Private Companies in the US with the opportunity to grow professionally selling value added technical solutions as a service to customers in a highly flexible and fast-moving environment. OnPoint Digital Solutions is a new Koch Engineered Solutions company, focused to provide actionable insights for our customers to enable real time monitoring and optimization of their operations. OnPoint Digital Solutions combines our deep subject matter expertise in combustion, distillation, separation, filtration with digital technology to deliver new solutions and technology which will create value for our customers. This role is open to candidates based in various locations across the US with a preference towards the Gulf Coast area.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Participating in frequent customer engagements building relationships with key influencers and decision makers
- Developing a thorough understanding of customer’s processes, pain points, opportunities and priorities and validating our technical solution can deliver desired outcome to improve operations
- Influencing customer “buy” decisions by preparing and delivering strong presentations and proposals for technical solutions and facilitating customer communications throughout the sales pursuit process.
- Partner with customers to align on the opportunity’s success criteria and optimum solution, and quantify and articulate the value-based outcome enabled by our technology solution
- Developing a deep understanding of the marketplace and value drivers to identify potential opportunities and provide feedback and prioritization on enhancements to current technology and new potential solutions
- Preparing proposals and negotiation of new contracts
- Collaborating with internal solution development, delivery, and customer success teams to ensure all customer requirements and success criteria are clearly articulated and incorporated into project plans
- Build trust and credibility to identify and understand customers pain points, opportunities and priorities.
- Exhibit an entrepreneurial focus with creative problem-solving skills to bring value-based outcomes to customers
- Leverage analytic and strategic thinking skills focused on understanding customer concerns and opportunities and collaborate effectively to design solutions or pivoting strategy to address.
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least 3 years of direct experience selling technical solutions or into industrial applications into the petrochemical, downstream oil and gas or refining industries.
- Experience in selling solutions primarily leveraged and enabled by digital technology, Industrial Internet of Things, Industry 4.0, Digital Manufacturing, or software as a service offerings.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to advance the entire sales cycle from prospecting and lead generation strategies to successful close
- Experience establishing and expanding customer accounts across a broad spectrum of customer roles, such as maintenance, operations, engineering to leadership roles.
- Excellent communication skills – experience communicating through writing, presentations, interpersonal and negotiation
- Able to travel for work up to 40% of the time by plane, car, etc.
What Will Put You Ahead
- At least 5 years of Applications Engineering, Sales Engineering, and/or Business Development experience in refining, petrochemical, or downstream oil and gas industry
- Established networks in refining, petrochemical, or downstream oil and gas industry
- Experience in combustion, distillation and / or separations applications.
- Experience selling complex and technical value-based outcomes with software as a service offering
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM platforms
- Bachelors degree from an accredited institution
- Preferred location in the US Gulf Coast area
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf