Food Safety & Product Quality Director
This job posting is no longer active.
Flint Hills Resources (FHR) is seeking a motivated and self-driven Food Safety & Product Quality Director for its Biofuels and Ingredients (B&I) business. In this role, located in Iowa, Nebraska, or Kansas, you will have the opportunity to drive the continued advancement and transformation of B&I’s food safety and quality programs. This leadership role will be responsible for ensuring the business’ food safety and quality capability continues to deliver high-quality products to our customers across our 6-plant ethanol production fleet. This position is preferred to be located at one of our plants in Iowa but has flexibility to be located at Koch Headquarters in Wichita or near our Fairmont, NE plant.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Maintain and continued advancement of the food safety programs to ensure long term success for both internal and external customers
- Collaborate with Commercial Stakeholders to identify and challenge food safety business needs
- Seek knowledge internally and externally to anticipate customer & regulatory changes
- Develop and implement appropriate knowledge systems to ensure stakeholder alignment and transparency on food safety and quality programs
- Lead by doing and collaborate with the site leadership teams to drive changes to the food safety programs at the site level
- Actively engage site leadership teams to identify best practices for fleet applicability
- Collaborate with the B&I FDA CSO to ensure food safety programs and products meet regulatory requirements
- Partner with site personnel during onsite audits with regulatory agencies and ensure appropriate response and communications between site and regulators
- Partner with commercial team and lead interactions with customers on food safety questionnaires and site visits
- Continuous improvement of Quality Management System (QMS) for all B&I products to eliminate waste and drive value
- Interact with internal and external labs for trials, data collection and benchmarking quality processes, instruments, and procedures
- Lead, identification, and closure of gaps between commercial and operations stakeholders when quality opportunities or challenges arise
- Effectively leveraging a fleet approach to identify best practices to create the most value
- Ability to adjust priorities accordingly to respond to immediate stakeholder needs
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor of Science degree
- 5+ Years of leadership experience focused on food safety and/or food quality in an industrial setting
- Demonstrated experience in implementation and execution of Compliance and Food Safety Programs
- Experience developing/communicating vision and strategy to multiple levels of an organization
- Ability to obtain the PCQI certification within one year of hire
- Current and valid drivers’ license
- Domestic travel, up to 50% of the time – Primarily to B&I production facilities in the Midwest
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Food Quality, Engineering, or a related technical field
- Experience developing, implementing, and continuously advancing a Quality Management System (QMS)
- PCQI certified and experience with HARPC/HACCP programs
- Experience and knowledge of international and pet food product stewardship programs
- Ability to able to perform essential tasks to the role in an operating production facility environment
Physical and Work Requirements:
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.