Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Millwright for our Dudley, NC Lumber mill. This is a highly skilled hourly position requiring a thorough understanding of safe work practices, troubleshooting, and maintenance of manufacturing equipment. This position creates value for the facility by performing preventative and corrective maintenance leading to increased uptime and reliability, thus helping the facility to meet their production and quality goals.
Our Lumber mill in Dudley, NC manufactures dimensional lumber of superior quality to meet the demanding needs of builders.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Troubleshooting, installing, aligning, dismantling, and repairing industrial machinery and mechanical equipment for improved reliability and uptime
- Performing periodic maintenance routines to identify and correct mechanical defects before they fail
- Maintaining operations equipment to achieve optimal performance levels
- Working with operations associates to identify and prioritize maintenance needs
- Maintaining strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment, i.e.: safety glasses, hearing protection, steel-toed boots and other PPE as required by specific jobs while completing assigned work
- Working safely with minimal supervision while being self-driven
- Maintaining a clean and organized work area
- Identifying machine components and coordinate to order parts as needed
- Performing precision work to include laser alignment, belt tensioning, bolt torque specs, and completing necessary paperwork
- Diagnosing and repairing issues wilt mill equipment including pneumatic, hydraulic, mechanical, electrical and other failures.
- Repairing/replacing mill equipment components such as conveying chain, bearings, gearboxes, motors, cylinders, etc.
- At least two (2) years of industrial mechanical maintenance experience within an industrial, military or manufacturing environment
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to 12 hours a day
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment, i.e.: safety glasses, hearing protection, steel-toed boots and other PPE as required by specific jobs
- Experience with hydraulics, pneumatics, bearings, chains and sprockets, rigging, belts, reading hydraulic schematics and blueprints, precision measurement, and precision alignment of motors and couplings
- Willing and able to work any shift, on-call, holidays, weekends and overtime as needed
- Experience with cutting, welding and fabricating
- Willing and able to work safely with minimal supervision
- Experience using a computer for record-keeping and documentation functions
- Three (3) years or more of industrial mechanical maintenance experience within an industrial, military or manufacturing environment
- One (1) year or more of electrical experience in an industrial, manufacturing or military environment
The Experience You Will Bring
What Will Put You Ahead
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Skilled Trades: IND-GP-SKT