Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Yard Leader for our Oriented Strand Board (OSB) manufacturing site in Englehart, Ontario. The Yard Leader will manage the wood yard from the scales to the debarker. Core responsibilities include (but not limited to) monitoring wood moisture, ensuring proper wood rotation, supervising and managing manpower and equipment in the yard to accommodate the mill.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Supervise log unloaders, heavy equipment mechanics
- Direct yard and heavy equipment maintenance –maintaining roads/ditches, log unloading equipment / initiate and manage through employees and contractors
- Plan and direct appropriate wood rotation
- Maintaining accurate inventory while monitoring moisture ratings
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or GED
- Proven experience managing or knowledge of heavy equipment maintenance
- Prior experience in wood yard management, logging and/or road construction / maintenance
- Proven ability to communicate the company’s safety message and ability to hold employees accountable
- Demonstrated ability to use and apply a variety of software application such as MP2, any CMMS system, MS office, etc.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Post-secondary education in forest technology
- Leadership in a unionized workplace
- Wood products experience
We are an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation or assistance at any time during the application or selection processes, please submit a request by following the directions located in the FAQ section at the bottom of kochcareers.com webpage.