Plating Process Engineer
The role of the Plating Process Engineer is to manage the technical aspects of the plating software, pumps, hoists and downtime. The Plating Process Engineer will also troubleshoot plating production defects in order to ensure the production of quality parts. Positions available on multiple shifts.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Technical Team Supervisor:
- Be part of the cultural transformation. Embrace the change and cascade this to the team. Use respectfully challenge process for shelf-actualization and team development.
- Open communication to team member to create a positive environment that provide opportunities to growth, talent/virtue development and new leaders for organization
- Ensure area employees understand and follow documented safe work practices.
- Support COQ continuous improvement, notifying employees of current quality alerts, KPI’s, and scrap concerns. Ensure quality parts are being sent to our internal and external customers.
- Maintain 5S and visual management systems within the department.
- Supports internal system audits.
- Authorizes corrective and preventative actions in response to system non-conformances applicable to their area of responsibility.
- Assesses training needs and supports employee training, including communication of Environmental requirements to employees in their area of responsibility.
- Process Engineering:
- Analyze plating solutions using wet chemistry and equipment
- Develop strategic plans to ensure the maintenance of the plating equipment.
- Manage plating process technical staff in maintaining plating process as needed.
- Develop QS9000 work instructions for the plating department.
- Develop standards for current and future plating activities including but not limited to process improvement, process standardization, line design, and cost reduction.
- Responsible for immediately reporting to management all environmental concerns related to work being carried out, as well as, all incidents, which present a hazard to people, production, or the environment.
- Define process limits based on experimentation and analysis.
- Develop new processes, methods, and layouts to increase equipment flexibility and improve manufacturing yields.
- Observe and comply with all federal, state, and local safety and environmental regulations associated with this job.
- Aid plating manager in identifying training needs.
- Attend and participate in all scheduled training and educational programs identified for this position.
The Experience You Will Bring
- 5+ years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- High level of self-motivation with ability to create value working independently and in a team environment.
- Well-organized project management skills
- Strong written and interpersonal skills with a passion for coaching and inspiring direct reports to facilitate growth and development within the department and organization
What Will Put You Ahead
- BS in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering preferred.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf