Who are we? Watch to find out!
Koch Minerals & Trading is looking for a Data Scientist to join our Data Science Team in Houston, TX. The Data Science Team at KM&T partners with trading groups to find practical applications for machine learning and other specialized technologies that contribute to our profitability. The Data Scientist will be responsible for leveraging large, complex datasets to gain an objective view of commodities markets. They will evaluate and develop trading strategies based on their insights and inform the development of analytical systems that streamline the process of generating ideas. Further, they will experiment with new techniques and datasets to expand the capabilities of the Data Science team.
Working on the Data Science Team at KM&T provides individuals many opportunities to own multiple projects simultaneously in a dynamic and fast-paced global trading environment.
The successful candidate must have the following attributes:
·Expert on working with time series data within the commodities trading space
·Solid understanding of analytics and applied statistics[SN2]
·High sense of urgency
·Interpersonal skills to work directly with traders and analysts
·Exceptional oral and written communication skills
·Great team player
·Ability to work independently and remain highly motivated and self-directed
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Work closely with analysts, traders, developers, and other data scientists to develop powerful analysis, models, and analytical solutions
- Identify and collect relevant datasets along with Analysts and Developers
- Design and upkeep explanatory data models
- Design and evaluate trading strategies
- Produce predictive models and maintain forecast datasets
- Promote a culture of experimentation that challenges conventional financial modelling
What You Will Need:
- 2+ years’ experience working with financial time series and advanced statistics
- Expert analytical programming skills in Python
- Expert in visualization tools such as Tableau, Plotly, Power BI, etc.
- Expert in numpy, scipy, pandas, matplotlib, seaborn, scikit-learn, keras/TensorFlow, statsmodels
- Experience developing machine learning pipelines in cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Experience in designing experiments and conducting independent research[SN3]
·Master’s degree in Data Science, Business Analytics, Statistics, Financial Engineering, or related field from an accredited institution
What Will Put You Ahead?
- 5+ years experience in a commodities trading environment
- Experience with distributed computing, system design, and web development
- Experience with Scrum/Agile/Kanban
- Experience with source control
- Deep knowledge of AWS
- Exposure to NoSQL technologies
Want to learn more about Koch Minerals & Trading?
Koch Minerals & Trading, with offices in Houston, Geneva, London, Singapore, etc. is a global commodity trading company participating in nearly all commodity markets but focusing in petroleum and energy.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
[CL1]With the detail in the rest of the intro, I feel comfortable removing this.
[SN2]Solid understanding of analytics and applied statistics
[SN3]Added this point to emphasize that person can create new trading frameworks