Cost Accountant (Multi-Site)
Phillips-Medisize, a Molex company, is a leading global outsource provider of design development and manufacturing services to the medical (medical device, diagnostics, and drug delivery products) and commercial (automotive, consumer, and defense) markets. 85% of the company's total revenue comes from drug delivery, medical device, primary pharmaceutical packaging, and diagnostic products. Phillips-Medisize facilities are FDA registered for clean-room molding, medical device assembly, drug handling and packaging, sterilization management, and final device packaging under ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 13485, FDA 21CFR 820, FDA 21CFR 210/211.
Phillips-Medisize Polska is hiring a
Cost Accountant - Księgowy/a ds. kosztów
based in the region of Katowice/Tychy or remotely in Poland
This role will be responsible for Costing and SAP support at multiple facilities, initially including The Czech Republic and 2 Irish locations. The role will also need to contribute/backup the wider global and regional team as needed. Travel between these regional sights will ultimately be important to provide the requisite level of support but this will potentially be limited in the short term. This role will report initially to the European Finance Director, but this may change as the organization evolves over the next 2 years.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Responsible for building and maintaining costing information within SAP
- Engage in ongoing cost accounting activities, reporting and analysis
- Participate in annual overhead and labor rate development
- Lead annual (or more frequent) BOM/Routing updates, as well as material cost standard to accurately reflect manufacturing operations and procurement activities
- Provide ongoing analysis specific to margin attainment and variances
- Support plant level teams in identifying sources of variance and aiding in making necessary adjustments to their costing system to better reflect reality, or stretch goals
- Utilize standards to support financial and operational planning and analysis activities – including capacity and labor planning
- Act as SAP costing and reporting expert, supporting the facility and other users to obtain and understand the information provided
- Participate in diverse analysis and project work supporting the organization and various levels including operations, costing, quoting, business development and FP&A
- Partner with estimating function to accurately understand and calculate the cost associated with new business opportunities
The Experience You Will Bring
- Intellectually curious with a desire to learn, grow, and develop creative solutions
- Problem-solving, analytical skills and the ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously
- Highly agile, with the ability to shift priorities quickly, think creatively, and deal with ambiguity proactively
- Good organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong systems skills including ERP (SAP preferred), BPC, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong data analysis skills, including use of BI tools such as Power BI and Tableau
- Fluent English both written and verbal a must-have, fluent Polish preferred
What Will Put You Ahead
- Creative, Energetic and Humble personality
- University diploma in an accounting, finance or related field
- Solid experience in accounting or finance
- Preferred experience in Manufacturing
With your application you agree that your information will be recorded in our files (up to 6 months after finalizing the position) and if necessary, forwarded to affiliated companies.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
As part of Koch Industries, one of the largest private companies in the world, Phillips-Medisze is offering international career development within one of the leading global players in the drug delivery device and connected health space for innovation, development and manufacturing services and solutions.