Sr Engineer, Product Design
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Assist manufacturing and quality with failure analysis.
- Prepare and follow engineering change requests (ECR) per document control procedures.
- Interface with internal departments (manufacturing, quality, lab, sales and marketing) to ensure design objectives are met in a timely manner and assist by providing product information, engineering samples and technical advice. May also need to interface with suppliers and customers.
- Verify product design. Check manufacturing drawings for completeness and accuracy. Perform engineering tests and submits product for screen and qualification testing in the reliability lab.
- Coordinate new product development, debug and release. Follow all product development steps, supply tooling groups with necessary drawings for quoting and tool build. Assist and support manufacturing in the debug process. Responsible for follow-up, documentation, publishing and expediting all action items of a new product program.
- With some guidance from project engineers and engineering managers, develop new product designs and handling all phases required to bring concepts into production.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Able to communicate in English include reading, writing and listening comprehension.
- Be very familiar with product design process.
- Be very familiar with connector production process including molding, stamping, plating and assembly.
- Have good knowledge about Quality control method (6sigma/DOE/SPC/CPK/MSA etc.)
- Can work without supervision or with little supervision/ self-driver.
- Be a good team member and have strong willingness to share knowledge with team.
- Be open to Challenge and Changes.
- Able to communicate (reading, writing and listening) in English.
- At least 5 years of connector design experience and application.