Georgia-Pacific is NOW HIRING an experienced Quality Manager to join our team In West Monroe, LA. As a member of the plant leadership team, the Quality Manger partners with the operations and commercial teams to ensure we produce and deliver corrugated boxes that meet our customer’s needs.
This role would report directly to the Plant Director of Operations with a dotted line to the Area Quality Manager, also has a Quality Technician directly reporting to support the Quality department objectives collaboratively created and administered within the organization.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Foster a quality culture
- Drive zero defects through continuous improvement of people and process control
- Champion Product Safety/Quality certification programs
- Lead quality process improvements within the facility
- Interface with internal and external customers to assure quality expectations are met
- Lead facility with root cause and corrective action process, providing timely resolutions to customer inquiries, feedback investigations, and corrective actions
- Participate in audit process of other facilities, warehouses, and co-manufacturers.
- Assure vendors are meeting our material specifications.
- Track, monitor and report to leadership on quality performance using statistical techniques
- Be part of the leadership team that drives safety performance within the facility.
- Administer corporate computer systems involving plant floor data collection and customer complaints
The Experience You Will Bring
- B.S. degree or (3) three years of experience managing quality and process improvements within a manufacturing environment
- Leadership skills and the ability to motivate people to create value and eliminate waste
- Use statistical tools for data analysis e.g. statistical process control
- Root cause analysis and cause mapping experience
- Experience with managing and maintaining customer relations through written and verbal communications
- Experience with third-party quality audits
- Experience with managing third party certifications of quality and product safety systems
- Traveling to address customer needs 10% of the time on average or more as needed
- Willing to work in a tobacco free environment
What Will Put You Ahead
- B.S. in Engineering
- Corrugated packaging industry experience
- Lead Auditor Certification
- Six Sigma experience
- Lean manufacturing experience
- Experience with Safe Quality Food (SQF) and /or British Retail Consortium (BRC)
- Previous supervisory experience
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf