At Georgia-Pacific we offer more than just another job or role; we offer careers. Are you looking for your next career move?
Georgia-Pacific has an opening for a Maintenance Mechanic at our facility in Antioch, CA and we are interested in learning more about you! This is a skilled hourly position requiring a thorough understanding of safe work practices, troubleshooting and maintenance of manufacturing equipment. This position creates value by performing predictive, preventative and corrective maintenance leading to increased uptime, reliability, and the assurance of meeting production and quality goals.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Troubleshooting, installing, aligning, and dismantling industrial machinery and mechanical equipment
- Performing periodic maintenance routines on equipment to achieve optimal performance
- Working with operations associates to identify and prioritize maintenance needs
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures and actively participating in the safety program
The Experience You Will Bring
- A minimum of two (2) years’ mechanical maintenance experience in an industrial, manufacturing, or military environment
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing hydraulics & pneumatics
- Experience with fabricating, torch cutting, and arc welding
- Experience with reading blueprints and precision measurements
- Experience troubleshooting issues with bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes, and conveyors, rollers, pulleys, and shafts
- Experience using a computer for record-keeping and documentation functions
- Willing and able to adhere to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures
- Willing and able to work overtime, weekends, on-call, and rotating shifts
What Will Put You Ahead
- Skilled trade certificate in Journeyman Mechanics or a Union Journeyman Trade Card
- Five (5) or more years’ mechanical maintenance experience in an industrial, manufacturing or military environment
- Technical Degree or higher in a Mechanical Maintenance program
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf