SR CLOUD SOLUTIONS ARCHITECT
As a Cloud Solutions Engineer, you’ll play an integral role in developing software products that empower OnPoint’s customers to make data-informed decisions utilizing machine learning and predictive analytics. You’ll be challenged to leverage cutting edge technologies to solve complex problems in real-time data environments.
The successful candidate will be able to envision solutions, communicate and document the vision, and focus on the work required to make them reality. This candidate will have the opportunity to focus on specific products and to increase expertise in a Cloud Solutions Engineer role while being able to rely on a larger team of Engineers and Architects dedicated to the success of our entire suite of Products. The ability to learn quickly and independently is vital for fulfillment in the role.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Work with software development teams to help design, build, and maintain the underlying AWS infrastructure as well as CICD pipelines in Azure DevOps to deliver code rapidly and securely
- Create and update infrastructure via CDK (Python) and Cloud Formation templates ensuring versioning and graceful rollback procedures
- Develop CI/CD Pipelines in Azure DevOps in conjunction with Product development
- Drive standards across all of DevOps to empower automation
- Perform software deployments and upgrades – afterhours as needed
- Monitor platform for infrastructure issues (CPU, Memory, DB performance, SQS queue depth, Docker container health, etc.)
- Monitor platform for security risks – evaluate, respond, remediate
- Perform runbook activities such as backup verification, documentation, economic evaluations to identify cost-saving opportunities
- Experiment with new technologies and solutions to meet the constantly evolving demands of the software platform
The Experience You Will Bring
- 3+ years experience performing design/build/support activities in AWS
- 5+ years experience in software development in Python
- 2+ years experience writing and maintaing infrastructure as code using CloudFormation and AWS CDK (Python)
- 2+ years experience with CI/CD pipelines in a DevOps envrionment
What Will Put You Ahead
- Knowledge of Agile software development
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, ECS/EKS
- Knowledge of OWASP and software security
- Familiarity with machine learning and predictive analytics
- Experience with Azure DevOps (formerly VSTS)
- Database knowledge - both relational (SQL, MySQL) and document (DynamoDB) storage
- Knowledge of AWS monitoring and logging tools
- Knowledge of security best practices as they relate to cloud environments and software development
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf