Grow your future with Koch Fertilizer Canada, ULC!
A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
Continued company growth as a result of reinvesting 90% of our earnings
Based in Brandon, Manitoba, we synthesize and blend nitrogen, phosphate, and sulfur products with ammonia, which we market primarily in the prairie provinces of Canada and the northern United States. Operating 24 hours a day, 365 days per year, we employ approximately 270 dedicated team members. Our fundamental commitment to safety, health, and environmental stewardship drives all our processes.
Koch Fertilizer Canada, ULC is looking for an energetic, highly motivated individual to join the team to contribute to the organization’s value creation capabilities. This role offers a fast-paced working environment and opportunities for career development within our growing organization!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Providing Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (SHEQ) support both in the field and during planning stages of work
- Maintain a working knowledge of local, provincial and federal EHS regulations.
- Understand and ensure compliance with site and corporate safety policies and procedures.
- Maintain and distribute Safety Equipment to employees as needed.
- Order and maintain adequate safety supplies.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with policies, procedures and regulatory standards for safety and emergency equipment maintenance and service.
- Anticipating and proactively dealing with potential shortages and bottlenecks in safety equipment inventory or service dates, recertification’s etc.
- Train and advise personnel on use of specific PPE and safety equipment.
- Research and recommend replacement or enhancement of existing safety and emergency equipment.
- Attend and conduct safety and health presentations and training.
- Provide technical information to support employees and management.
- Identify site specific safety issues and propose appropriate solutions.
- Conduct equipment inspection audits in operating areas and report on performance.
- Develop and use reporting systems to track and report on compliance.
- Assist in the delivery and documentation of Safety Orientations.
- Issue and update employee proximity cards, and maintain the access card data base.
- Audit and report on use of safety programs, and propose means to track and correct deficiencies.
- Inspect and arrange for service of safety and emergency equipment.
- Train and maintain certification to become an active member of company emergency response teams.
- Complete required internal and external compliance reporting and maintain files related to equipment inspection, required certifications, and service.
- Assist the SEQHEQHEQ Team in development of new programs and enhancement of existing programs.
- Learning and assisting with the irrigation program regarding license obligations (nutrient application, land use, permitting, data management)
- Assisting with gathering production, emission and release data in support of the Company's reporting obligations to Provincial and Federal regulators
- Showing initiative in instituting and driving best management practices (BMPs)on site
- Participating in Turnaround-related work as assigned
- Participating in incident investigations as required/assigned
- Working with and learning from all members of the SHEQ team, and developing skills in each discipline of SHEQ for vacation/outage work coverage
- Participating in plant tours and giving a SHEQ perspective to area audits
- Performing other tasks as assigned by the SHEQ Leader.
The work environment you’ll be entering requires and includes:
- Ability to multi task and provide support in a multi disciplinary environment.
- Ability to work outdoors in all types of weather
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Ability to climb stairs
- Ability to climb ladders and work at heights
- Pass a pulmonary function test
- Ability to wear a Self Contained Breathing Apparatus or full face respirator and up to Level A PPE (must be and remain clean shaven)
- Tolerance to occasional exposure to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals with appropriate PPE
- Ability to work in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Availability for flexible hours based on job requirements
- Unassisted physical mobility in and around plant and equipment
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- Ability to sit, stand, kneel as necessary
- Ability to travel to and enter site to access equipment
The Experience You Will Bring
- Ability to acquire a Class Three Driver’s License
- Working knowledge of computer programs, specifically Microsoft Office Suite
- NFPA or Pro-Board Certified Firefighter and Hazardous Materials Technician or willing to complete the programs to become a NFPA or Pro-Board Firefighter and Hazardous Materials Technician
- Possession or ability to obtain certification in Fall Arrest Equipment Inspection, Fall Protection instruction, Respiratory Protection Instruction and Maintenance, and various related training capabilities.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Degree from an accredited post-secondary institution/and or related experience
- Experience with data Management, GIS and maps and compass use is preferred