Who is Georgia-Pacific? Watch to find out!
Georgia-Pacific is currently hiring for a Production Supervisor in Madera, CA. The ideal candidate will demonstrate safety as a value, and lead a crew of employees to exceed production expectations for the shift. The candidate must be self-driven and demonstrate a commitment to safety, manufacturing excellence, and quality.
Supervisors at the Madera facility will have the opportunity to contribute to a successful box plant, both in improving the efficiency of production and in helping to build a culture of Market-Based Management. This position provides opportunities for promotion both in Madera and in many other Georgia-Pacific and Koch facilities across the country. Come join our team!
Learn more about: Corrugated Packaging
What You Will Do In Your Role
• Providing leadership on the operating floor and striving for compliance in safety, health, environmental, and quality.
• Coaching, training, and developing operations personnel in safety, quality, production, problem solving.
• Technical and interpersonal communication skills
• Drive ongoing improvements in safety, quality, service, and production.
• Ongoing focus on reducing downtime and waste.
• Continued emphasis on cross-training and building the bench strength of direct reports and team.
• Addressing key issues and concerns; and interacting with employees from other departments to ensure quality and on-time production.
• Ensure all employees are working in a safe manner.
• Exemplify and drive Market Based Management® (MBM®) culture.
• Ensure quality standards are met on a continuous basis.
• Ensure best practices are being followed for minimization of waste at machine centers.
• Engage in continuous improvement opportunities and provide leadership/action plans for gap closure.
• Lead plant safety, housekeeping, and 6S efforts.
• Partner with the reliability and maintenance team to ensure machines are maintained to specifications
• Plan, assign and direct work for all hourly production employees; appraise
performance and provide feedback as needed; assist in resolving complaints; hold employees accountable as needed; pro-actively communicate issues and results on a daily basis.
If you are not familiar with the Corrugated Industry, click on the link below
The Experience You Will Bring
• High School diploma or GED
• A minimum of 2 years of experience supervising employees within a manufacturing, production, industrial or military environment
• Availability to work shift work, holidays and overtime as needed
• Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations with or without reasonable accommodation
• Experience using Microsoft Office programs such as Word (to write business correspondence), Excel (for use of spreadsheets, reporting, simple formulas) and Outlook (for internal and external correspondence)
What Will Put You Ahead
• Bachelor’s degree or higher
• Experience working in corrugated packaging or containerboard industry on a corrugator OR experience in a converting operation
• Experience working with KIWI application
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf