Georgia-Pacific is seeking Production Technicians at our Plattsburgh, NY facility to manufacture Quilted Northern Ultra Plush tissue safely and efficiently. This position offers opportunities for development within your role and future growth within the company. Georgia-Pacific’s Plattsburgh facility uses state of the art innovation and technology to manufacture Quilted Northern Ultra Plush Tissue. Quilted Northern is a brand of choice and is widely used in homes and businesses across the country.
Production Technicians earn a starting pay of $17.58/hour with an earning potential up to $21.63. There is also the opportunity to train into higher paying jobs as they become available. GP offers a competitive benefit package including medical and dental coverage, life insurance, paid holidays and vacations, and a 401K plan with company match.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Operating equipment to defined production standards
- Working in a team environment to achieve production goals
- Troubleshooting, repairing and adjusting equipment
- Performing product quality checks and equipment change overs
- Keeping work area clean before, during and after shift
- Inspecting and operating forklifts and powered industrial trucks to transfer raw materials and finished product
- Adhering to all plant environment, health and safety guidelines, policies and procedures
- Gaining technical expertise on machinery and heavy equipment to assist in multiple areas
Physical Requirements/Other Considerations:
- Willing and able to work a rotating 12-hr shift to include weekends, holidays, and overtime
- Willing and able to work in a sometimes hot, humid, cold, dusty and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to work around dust, oil, grease, chemicals, and other substances
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing or pulling for at least twelve (12) hours a day
- Must be willing and able to lift and pull up to 50 lbs
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- One (1) year or more of experience in a farming, landscaping, carpentry, construction, warehouse, military, production or manufacturing environment
- Experience troubleshooting, repairing and adjusting equipment and machinery
- Experience working on a computer, laptop or tablet
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience working in the pulp or paper industry
- Experience utilizing electrical, mechanical and instrumentation skills in the workplace
- One (1) year or more of experience operating forklifts and/or industrial trucks in a manufacturing or industrial setting
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf