Our Alabama River Cellulose mill in Perdue Hill, AL is seeking an experienced Maintenance Planner. The Maintenance Planner will support our business strategy through use of established Maintenance scheduling and planning processes. This will be accomplished through the utilization of safe work practices and procedures, use of the CMMS scheduling process, the planned work backlog, technical information and references while utilizing Best Maintenance Practices and Precision Techniques as the guiding principles to perform all work.
Georgia-Pacific creates long-term value by using resources efficiently to provide innovative products and solutions that meet the needs of customers and society, while operating in a manner that is environmentally and socially responsible, and economically sound. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific LLC is one of the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, consumer products, packaging, paper, cellulose and chemicals. The company employs more than 30,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North and South America.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Learn and understand all aspects of the GP Asset Maintenance (AM) Process, and Planning and Scheduling process
- Work with the Operations Team members to develop a prioritized, 100% resource loaded schedule that optimizes our resources.
- Provide detailed maintenance shutdown and daily work planning and materials procurement for a major area of a paper producing facility
- Develop maintenance plans utilizing Microsoft Project software and 4Site CMMS system
- Directly support mill maintenance crews and contractors on maintenance shutdown days, and outages
- Communicate extensively with craftspeople, operations, contractor representatives and materials suppliers will occur daily
- Promote safe work execution through development of detailed Job Hazard Analysis documentation and compliance with all Georgia-Pacific permitting and procedures
- Continuously updating the information in the CMMS, such as Bills of Materials, and specifications for ordering
- Perform rotating weekend on-call duty for the entire mill and may spend time covering the duties of other mechanical leaders
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities:
- Strong written, verbal and leadership communication skills
- Diligently organized, self-disciplined and willing to work unselfishly for the team
- Technical knowledge base to build effective job plans
- Committed to creating an environment that is safe and presents no hazards to their colleagues or crew
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Five (5) or more years of experience in manufacturing maintenance environment
- Three (3) or more years of experience planning maintenance in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office software
- Experience with a computerized maintenance management system (i.e. 4Site, PassPort, SAP)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Associate’s degree or higher
- Experience in the pulp and paper maintenance/reliability industry
- Mechanical Maintenance and/or E&I planning experience
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf