TANK TURNAROUND PROJECT MANAGER
As Project Manager, Tank Turnarounds at the Flint Hills Resources Pine Bend Refinery you will manage multiple, concurrent Tank Turnarounds and have the overall responsibility of managing the turnarounds from conception to start up; meeting all project milestones. With our vision to make a step change in our Tank Turnaround performance, part of this role will be focused on the development of systems and best practices, allowing this person to have a significant effect on the long-term success of the Tank Turnaround business.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Managing Tank Turnarounds using a phased approach to project management to deliver Tank Turnarounds with industry leading results in safety and environmental
- Delivering a step change improvement in the management systems for Tank Turnaround planning and execution
- Leading a project team consisting of engineers, operations, construction, and vendors to design Tank cleaning systems and Tank Turnaround planning
- Effectively managing costs and schedule to drive toward best in industry
- Interacting with several groups within the organization to define Tank Turnaround scope
- Communicating Tank Turnaround status to various stakeholders within the organization
- Proactively identifying opportunities to reduce total life cycle costs for tanks, and be able to appropriately implement opportunities
- This position requires the successful candidate to be available for unexpected overtime work as required, which may include nights, weekends and holidays, especially during a scheduled turnaround.
- During lower Tank Turnaround frequencies, you may be asked to manage small-cap PMG-style projects.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Minimum of 2 years work experience (internships included) involving projects in refining, chemical, or a heavy industrial manufacturing environment
- 2 years' experience and knowledge of tank specifications and tank turnarounds
- Experience and capability to lead and coordinate teams while proactively removing road blocks
- Written and oral communication skills along with critical thinking skills
- High School degree or GED
What Will Put You Ahead
- Current Flint Hills Resources employee
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Project management work experience in a refinery or petrochemical environment
- Ability to develop sustainable management systems
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf