Chemical Engineer Internship
Chemical Engineer Internship
We are currently seeking a Chemical Engineering student for an internship (14 to 16 months) to join our Process Engineering Group at Maitland, Ontario. The successful candidate will work on a variety of individual and group activities in support of Maitland Site Chemical Manufacturing Operation, including improving the operation of various chemical processes. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to lead changes and apply many chemical engineering concepts in a facility with multiple chemical processes. This opening is for a 14 – 16 month term (flexible) starting June or July 2021 depending on the candidate chosen.
To generate the greatest contribution to our company, you must be results driven, have excellent communication, organization and work well within a team environment. Your primary responsibilities will include working on initiatives to improve various unit operations. Such activities would include:
- Leading physical changes in the plant using Maitland Site’s management of change process.
- Studying various aspects of chemical reaction processes and distillation systems to identify improvement opportunities. Implementing those opportunities.
- Use of Aspen process modelling software. Improving/changing the plants process control loops to optimize the plant operations. This includes documenting experiments that you lead in the plant to capture economic value.
- Participating in Process Hazards Analysis (including using PHA Leader software). Developing associated documentation for PHA Reports.
- Work with the plant innovation team to bring in new technology to the site to support transformation of existing systems.
- Potentially developing Apps for operations using MS Forms.
- Developing, delivering training to operators based on capital projects being installed.
- Other opportunities to self-identify work is available depending on the student’s capabilities and interests while in the work term.
Above all you must ensure that all your activities are carried out with integrity and in a safe and efficient manner.
- Currently enrolled in a University Chemical Engineering Program and who have completed or are in 3rd year of program.
- Able to contribute positively in a team-oriented environment and possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to self-manage effectively in both individual and team-oriented roles with a minimum of supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team in a manufacturing environment.
Maitland Site has several Chemical manufacturing unit operations (Steam Methane Reforming, Chemical Reaction Units, Distillation trains, Cogeneration Units, Water/Water Waster Treatment processes).Apply your chemical engineering knowledge in real life processes with experienced engineers. Your energy, your new ideas, your knowledge of new technology will complement our team of experienced engineers and operators to create real value.
If you are dedicated to continuous improvement, work well with others, are open to sharing ideas and helping your team, we’d like to hear from you. Come start your career with us.
How to apply
Interested applicants should submit a detailed resume and cover letter to www.kochcareers.com
Successful candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check.
We thank all applicants in advance but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation or assistance at any time during the application or selection processes, please submit a request by following the directions located at the bottom of the kochcareers.com webpage
From the fibers in your carpet to the plastic in your automobiles, INVISTA’s commitment to continuous improvement has led its employees to develop some of the most durable, versatile polymers and fibers in the world. A subsidiary of Koch Industries since 2004, INVISTA brings to market the proprietary ingredients for nylon 6,6 and recognized brands including STAINMASTER®, CORDURA® and ANTRON®. INVISTA also offers specialty chemical intermediates and process technologies. See the bigger picture at INVISTA.com.
As a member of the INVISTA team, you will also be part of Koch Industries, Inc.'s affiliates, one of the largest privately-held companies in the world. Koch companies have a presence in nearly 60 countries and employ about 120,000 people. For more information on INVISTA, please visit www.INVISTA.com.