Guardian Industries is seeking you to become our next Mechanical Engineer in our Richburg, South Carolina facility!
This Mechanical Engineering position is a vital member of the plant Engineering team and provides the Engineering and Operations teams with knowledge, guidance, and project management to improve plant operational and reliability performance. This position reports directly to the Plant Engineer
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Determine design requirements, prepare specifications and drawings, procure necessary materials and services, and coordinate installation and maintenance systems for major capital projects and plant improvements
- Prepare cost estimates and timelines for projects
- Improve yields, lower costs, and increase manufacturing uptime by supporting existing facilities
- Assist in creating contracts for equipment acquisition and construction
- Monitor the preparation of working drawings presented by outside contractors
- Instruct plant personnel in the operation and maintenance of the systems provided
- Positively influences plant outcomes by driving actions, behaviors and decisions aligned with our MBM Principles
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 2-4 years of experience within a manufacturing setting
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Experience with hands-on implementation of projects (This includes the knowledge and ability to take a project from concept, to design, to build, to installation, to run-off and support of the process in production
- Practical experience with industrial field control devices, pressure transmitters, thermocouple options, motorized valves, proximity sensors, etc.
- Knowledge of basic power distribution for 600volt class systems (motor control centers, distribution panels that feed auxiliary support equipment and lighting, and AC substation transformation)
- Understanding of emergency power generation systems
What Will Put You Ahead
- Reliability background
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf