Georgia-Pacific in Pineland, TX is hiring a Utility/Stud Straightener employee at the Stud Mill. Utility and Stud Straightener workers will learn to operate machinery while also keeping all machines clean of saw dust and other fibers. If you are interested in learning to operate machinery and enjoy working in a team setting, we want to hear from you!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Participate in cleanup dutis to ensure a clean and safe work environment
- Learn multiple operator functions within the sawmill mill to provide relief for breaks and vacations
- Perform basic asset care duties on all mechanical equipment to assist in making Southern Yellow Pine Lumber
The Experience You Will Bring
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
- Willing and able to work twelve (12) hour rotating shifts that include weekends and holidays
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for at least twelve (12) hours a day
What Will Put You Ahead
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience using a computer for record-keeping and documentation functions
- Experience in operating a forklift
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf