5WW - WWT LABORATORY TECHNICIAN
Water Treatment Operator
The Water Treatment Shift Operator will work under the supervision of the Utilities / Power Supervisor. This position will work in the potable water and waste water compliance areas. The selected individual must be a minimum Certified” C” Level Operator in Water
The Shift Operator will perform a variety of tasks in the operation of INVISTA’s Water Treatment Plants. Technical guidance will come from the Water Treatment / Biological Wastewater Treatment Lead Operator.
Shift: This is a 12-hour rotating shift that includes nights, evenings, and weekends with alternating 48-hour and 36-hour work-week / working an average of 14 days per month.
- Responsible for the safe, compliant, and economic operation of systems in the Water / Wastewater Treatment / Utilities areas
- Responsible for decisive and timely action in response to production, utilities, and environmental upsets including the effective communication with the site’s integrated areas
- Troubleshoot Water & Wastewater Treatment related problems, taking necessary corrective action steps during the shift and maintaining processes within the specified operating parameters
- Read gauges and meters, start and stop equipment, operate valves to route and control flows, determine and set proper chemical dosage and flow rates
- Collect samples and perform routine and special request laboratory tests and analysis as required for the successful operation of the Water / Wastewater operation
- Perform and record all field analyses this will include entering data into spreadsheets for trend analysis, etc.
- Calibrate field analysis equipment
- Maintain daily log books & bench sheets
- Perform routine or special request housekeeping
- Assist with or operate the belt press and chemical unloading operations
- Assist with job safety analysis / safe work permitting and bench top analysis as needed
- Work effectively within a team environment with internal and external personnel and regulatory agencies
- Completion of Plant Systems & Operations and Instrumentation courses (within first year)
- Actively pursue wastewater treatment certification (within first year)
- Perform preventative maintenance and inspections on mechanical equipment
- Ability to use computers for; computer-based training, company email, entering work notifications, reviewing procedures, monitoring equipment performance
- Ability to perform job functions in team environment with minimal supervision
- Organized / able to produce high quality work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills at all levels
- Good problem-solving skills
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
- High School diploma or GED
- Valid State of South Carolina driver’s license or the ability to obtain a valid State of South Carolina driver's license
- Minimum” C” Level Water Treatment Certification for the State of South Carolina
- Basic skill level MS office including: (creating and formatting spreadsheets, workbooks and charts in MS Excel)
- Are you willing and able to perform the physical requirements of this position?
Preferred Education, Experience, and Skills:
- “B” level Water Treatment license or greater
- “C” level Water Distribution license or greater
- Biological Wastewater Treatment Certification
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Willing and able to work a twelve (12) hour shift to include, weekend & holiday hours including on-call support.
- Working inside and outside, in heat, cold and rain and walk/stand for long periods of time
- Climbing stairs and ladders, working at elevated heights, lifting up to 50lbs
- Wearing appropriate PPE including safety glasses, hard hat, hearing protection and safety shoes
- Open & close various sized industrial valves
- Available for overtime based on business needs
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf