Instrument Control Technician
Instrumentation Controls Technician - $35.90/hr Regular Rate
''Innovation is facilitated by having the right people in the right roles with the right skills and values.''
- Charles Koch, Koch Industries Chairman and CEO
INVISTA Canada's nylon manufacturing site located in Kingston, Ontario has an immediate opening for an Instrumentation and Controls Technician. The successful candidate will join an existing Asset Health Team supporting a broad range of assets.
- I&C Technician will be responsible for installation, performing routine, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of industrial instrumentation and controls equipment, such as controllers, transmitters, final control elements
- Adhering to and promoting all safety regulations and procedures including performing proper lockout/tag out procedures
- Reading/interpreting technical work orders, blueprints, technical manuals, single line electrical drawings, electrical code specifications, schematics, P&IDs, PLC, DCS systems and instrument loop drawings to maintain proficiency in prescribed TSSA, ESA safety procedures, codes and standards.
A Day in The Life Typically Includes:
- Working collaboratively with Operations, Reliability, and Technicians to prioritize value-added work and contribute to opportunities to optimize asset performance
- Proactively identifying, controlling and reducing health and safety risk in all aspects
- Aligned to INVISTA’s guiding principles, you will be required to transform and innovate. Seek, develop, and utilize the visions, strategies, methods, and products that will enable us to create the greatest value.
- Be encouraged to approach your work from an entrepreneurial perspective and be rewarded based on the value that you bring to the company.
- You will be encouraged to use your own deductive powers to overcome obstacles and be creative in your decision-making, rather than waiting for orders from higher-ups.
What You Will Need:
- Licensed as an Instrumentation and Controls Technician 447A or equivalent
- Successful candidates will be highly motivated with a demonstrated ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and problem solve malfunctions
- Demonstrated strong ability to work with minimal supervision
- Good interpersonal skills, communication skills and the ability to collaborate well with peers, engineering, and management
- Demonstrated high value on safety
- Able to work in a tobacco free environment
What Will Put You Ahead:
- Gas Technician 1 or 2 or IMT experience
- Experience working with Distributed Controls Systems
- Minimum of 3 years recent working experience as an I&C Technician in an industrial environment
- 6-month probationary rate of $35.90 per hour
- Flexible benefits package
- Defined benefit pension plan with optional pension enhancements
- Performance bonus program
- Additional vacation purchase program
- Education Assistance Program for job related training
From the fibers in your carpet to the plastic in your automobiles, INVISTA’s commitment to continuous improvement has led its employees to develop some of the most durable, versatile polymers and fibers in the world. A subsidiary of Koch Industries since 2004, INVISTA brings to market the proprietary ingredients for nylon 6,6 and recognized brands including STAINMASTER®, CORDURA® and ANTRON®.
INVISTA also offers specialty chemical intermediates and process technologies. See the bigger picture at INVISTA.com
Want to learn more about the INVISTA experience? Watch this!
To find out more about working at INVISTA’s Kingston Site: Watch this!
How to apply?
Interested applicants should submit a detailed resume along with a covering letter to www.kochcareers.com
If you have the above qualifications, we would like to hear from you. We thank all applicants, in advance, and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Successful candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check.
We are an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation or assistance at any time during the application or selection processes, please submit a request by following the directions located at the bottom of kochcareers.com webpage.