Georgia-Pacific is currently seeking a Maintenance Technician Apprentice for an emerging opportunity within our Digital Printing business unit Hummingbird®. The Maintenance Technician Apprentice executes and helps maintain accurate PM Plans/Work Orders and executes necessary work to improve production processes. Acts as a liaison with operations, equipment vendors, and contractors to improve overall equipment effectiveness. This position will train to become a Maintenance Technician.
The position will be based at our West Chester, Ohio facility and will report to the Reliability Manager for this business segment.
This is a 2nd shift role working 3:00pm-11:00pm
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Safely and efficiently troubleshoot, repair, and install equipment in compliance with all plant codes, policies and procedures
- Repair and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment, such as motors, pneumatic/hydraulic components, conveyor systems, and production lines and equipment
- Repair and maintain machinery and mechanical hand tools, power tools, and precision-measuring and testing instruments
- Respond to all mechanical and electrical maintenance issues throughout the plant
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School diploma or GED
- One or more of the following:
- Technical, Trade, or Vocational school degree/certificate in a mechanical, industrial or electro-mechanical program from an accredited institution
- Graduating with a degree/certificate in a mechanical, industrial or electro-mechanical program from an accredited Technical, Trade, or Vocational school within the next 6 months
- Willing and able to learn and practice Electrical and Instrumentation skills
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations including wearing PPE (protective personal equipment)
- Willing and able to work weekends, holidays, and overtime when needed
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing hydraulic and pneumatics systems
- Experience troubleshooting issues and making repairs on bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes, conveyors, etc.
- Experience with reading and understanding mechanical drawings
- Experience with precision alignment of motors, couplings, bearings and pumps, and lubrication
- Experience within the corrugated industry
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf