What You Will Do In Your Role
Manage and execute sourcing activities for new product/program/project launches starting from Project Initiation to flawless launch, spend management and savings.
Manage the sourcing team for assigned North America sites (Lisle, IL & Rochester, MI)
As a sourcing manager, you will lead and implement new product sourcing activities and cost reduction initiatives. Drive continuous improvement and meet the business needs in terms of cost, quality, delivery, and Supply base risk management. Support the strategic procurement objectives, including supply base consolidation, improvement of supplier performance, and supporting the needs of internal and external customers
- Proactively identify current and future sourcing needs for the business unit. Help develop a best in class supply base to support the needs. Partner with the New Product Development team to ensure all critical technology and cost needs are met. Ensure suppliers are ready for launch and able to meet customer needs.
- Maintain and consistent communication with the Global Category Management team and alignment with the Global Procurement Category Strategies.
- Conduct “should cost” and make vs. buy analysis, as well as thorough risk assessment to drive appropriate sourcing decisions.
- Challenge the status quo and drive change. Build a competitive environment that brings the optimal total cost and/or the most value to the business unit. Develop relationships with internal stakeholders and supply base
- Lead commercial negotiations, including cost and overall supply agreements. Negotiate legal terms under the guidance of the Molex Legal team.
- Monitor sourcing and procurement innovation trends in the marketplace, while continuing to identify process improvement opportunities and implementing best practices.
- Conduct all affairs with integrity. Ensure the supply base and Molex Procurement team operate within the framework of regulatory and legal requirements. Gain understanding of and acceptance of respective documents, such as Molex Code of Conduct, Molex Terms and Conditions, and address any other requirements through Supply Agreements.
- Manage internal business relationships and gain a comprehensive understanding of business requirements.
- Manage external partnerships critical to meeting objectives
- Manage governance and control programs to ensure business continuity, protect company assets and comply with corporate and regulatory policies
- The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management, or Business – MBA or other post graduate degree preferred.
- 7-10 years of procurement experience focused on electronics and mechanical components
- 3-5 years of procurement experience in automotive industry
- 2-3 years of supervisory experience managing buyers/sourcing specialists
- Strong management and leadership skills with the ability to influence, motivate and drive accountability
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with all management levels in an organization
- Team player with strong project management, supervisory skills, and the ability to work with global teams
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Hands on experience in sourcing / buying process
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously Proficiency in Excel and MS Office Suite; proficiency with-sourcing tools and ERP systems
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf